Saturday, April 10

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

Sounds like it’s good news for Disneyland! Avengers campus opens June 4th!

3 Likes

He ends with a very impressive lightsaber.

4/8/2021 2:06 PM Pacific Time

seriously :joy::rofl::joy::flushed:

1 Like

well that was anticlimactic.

5 Likes

So they just wrapped and seems like the only big announcement was Avengers Campus opening June 4th. Did I miss anything?

4 Likes

The only other piece that I took out of it was the Genie is still coming, and to expect it soon. No other timeline or description on it.

3 Likes

That’s all I saw.

I find this interesting:

I emailed Len after the Disney Dish discussion about virtual “quests”. They added Boda Borg to this. That is not a virtual experience. You buy a multiple hour ticket and then you and your team try to solve as many “challenges” as possible. Most of them are multiple rooms and if you fail room one, you get kicked out and start over again- over and over.

Ok- if the rooms are virtual you would need less space, it could re-set to the next room…

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

It’s such a simple concept. I’m really not sure why is hasn’t caught on.

2 Likes

Not sure how soon.
But I expect Genie to effectively replace FP+…

Sounds like Genie is primarily a Disney-owned touring plan generator. But I suspect it will (eventually) integrate some type of VQ/FP system.

Yes, the DAS access was through the FP lines both pre-COVID and currently.

I haven’t heard of them buying TP yet so /shrug

Until then, I’m happy getting my wait times right here. And by here I mean there on the app.

4 Likes

I don’t think it will replace the FPP system, but it will sure utilize the FPPs to move people around the park. It will be interesting to see if they can use it to try to balance out guests in the parks.

Many credible sources suggesting FPP is not coming back, not in its existing form.
I can certainly picture Genie giving you a plan. It steers you towards certain attractions. And to really keep you sticking to the plan, maybe you get FP pop-ups…
Or… if everyone is required to use the Genie plan, there really would be no traditional standby lines. The app would tell you when to go where, and might thereby eliminate FPs as well.

1 Like

This CNN article with Josh D’Amaro dropped at the time the call started. It doesn’t really have any new information but does elaborate on some of what he talked about in the call (based on the liveblog that was posted upthread). He does talk about bringing CMs back and things like that but a lot of is very general.

What’s this? Do we get a genie :woman_genie: bottle, magic powers? Sorry if this is common knowledge or I missed it

1 Like

It’s a poor man’s version of the Lines app and a personalised touring plan.

Not joking!

5 Likes

Jeez, I came here and saw that there were 100+ unread messages and thought surely something must have been announced… but no! C’mon, man!

8 Likes

I mean if you live in CA and are allowed to go to DL, there’s Avengers Campus opening June 4th.

8 Likes