Saratoga Springs- Do you feel like you are in WDW?

What is that?

Treebeard…aka an Ent…aka a Tree Herder. From Lord of the Rings.

Oh I don’t LOTR

LOL

But seriously @bebe80 how could you have known that SSR is all villas? Most of the resorts have hotel and villa sides. This is one of the exceptions

3 Likes

No problem. Our family is a huge LotR fan. We usually do a complete movie marathon once a year. I forget that there are folks…like you. :smiley:

I’m actually in my own category

I’m not much of a movie/tv gal

2 Likes

That’s actually quite admirable!

1 Like

Ha! Tell it to the folks that tease me endlessly

1 Like

I appreciate your honest thoughts! I will be staying there for the first time in June so it’s good to have a realistic expectation of how it will be. I have done quite a bit of research and have watched many video walkthroughs of both the villas and the property itself, and I have stayed at a few other DVC resorts, so hopefully I have eyes wide open.

I did want to make a few notes to future readers to give context to some of your comments:

:100: I have read this from many guests and so we have reserved a rental car for our stay. It seems like a car is practically a necessity at SSR and OKW, though some will be ok walking / bussing around the resort.

This is very similar to other DVC resorts. For example BCV has a similar foyer. I found it very helpful to have that space for shoes, leaving magic bands on the table, backpacks, doing sunscreen, stroller, etc. But for some parties it will be dead space.

I won’t be able to comment until I stay there, but BCV 2-BR square footage is only about 20 sq ft more, so I imagine it is very similar. Unfortunately I think this is a reality of most suites at Disney. 3BRs, Treehouse villas, Bungalows, CCV Cabins, etc. are better for those wanting to actually “dine” (as opposed to merely “eat”) in their villa. The CCV 1 & 2-BR villas have a legit 6-seater dining table as well.

This is the same for BCV and I think BRV. AKL toilet is also in a separate room beyond the shower. I agree it’s weird but it worked out ok for our family.

This is pretty much always the case whenever someone is sleeping in a living room. Something to keep in mind when selecting accommodations – I think the only solution is to get more bedrooms / villas, which may push some people offsite if on-site is cost prohibitive.

That won’t be a problem for us when we are there in June! :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Again, thanks for sharing your honest review. It’s important for people to know what they are getting into when booking these villas! It’s not cheap, no matter how you slice it …

2 Likes

There’s some of that at HM too.

2 Likes

This is why we are most happy, even as just a party of 4, in a 2BR villa. That way nobody is sleeping in the living area. We can’t always do it because it is expensive for points. But it is the most comfortable way for us to travel.

1 Like

Fair point. Maybe more than fair. Super valid point. Most all Disney resorts are are huge and confusing A) the first time you’re there or 1: because your room isn’t a good fit for your use of your location. And Disney makes huge resorts usually. :smirk:

The Carriage House is a long way from many of the buildings, not just Paddock. I understand that this makes for a better aesthetic but geely wilkers Disney - what’s your demographic here? It’s mostly older folk that I’ve seen at this resort. That’s why I’m particular about what building I want.

Another fair point. Especially compared to OKW. I did not think the 2 bedroom smaller than Boardwalk, tho. Or the former WLV which I guess is now Boulder Ridge.

a complete disaster. Too many doors. Just a mess. Huge spaces in the area with the big tub - to what point and purpose? Really dumb.

You sound blindsided. You sound like someone who got their hopes up based on others’ trips having fewer disappointments. I think those of us who’ve been to the World several times have experienced this in resorts and restaurants, one way or another.

It’s ok not to like the same resort. I’m sad that your stay wasn’t as easy and fun as you’d hoped. :confused::disappointed:

2 Likes

I also just stayed at SS in a 2 bedroom for the first time at the end of October and completely agree with everything you said. We’ve stayed at OKW, BLT, GF villas before but on short notice, this trip was either SS or OKW with our points. I figured SS was going to be the same as OKW. I like OKW so much better. So much more spacious and I like the vibe better.
We stayed in the Grandstand and we had a car. We definitely needed it since we were far away from everything. I also found the master bathroom layout strange with it split like that and all those doors.
But all in all it was fine and we did like the pool. If I had a short notice trip again and could only pick from OKW or SS, I would pick OKW.

1 Like