San Angel Inn vs. La Hacienda de San Angel

I’ve never eaten in the pyramid, but I ate at La Hacienda in February and loved it. I thought the guac was amazing. I’d planned to go back in July, but with Remy not opening until October, I’m debating even keeping an Epcot day. :frowning:

2 Likes

San Angel Inn is my favorite ambiance of any WDW restaurant. It is rivaled only by Blue Bayou at Disneyland. The food is fine to good, but it’s not the reason I like to go there.

6 Likes

Thank you for this description, we are going to be in Epcot in 2022 on Cinco de Mayo and I couldn’t decide which restaurant in Mexico I should try to book - San Angel Inn it is!

Tough call, but I still love Epcot and there’s still plenty to see and do. I say go for it!

1 Like

Oh gosh! Well I hope I don’t steer you wrong and you have a fantastic time. If all else fails go for the margaritas!

I am traveling with my family and my sister’s family and there will be 4 kids: DN6, DN6, DN8 and DD9, I think foods that they are familiar with will be best. My daughter is an adventurous eater, but the 3 nephews are not.

Our DH’s and my DS 18 are so excited to be in HS on Star Wars Day - May 4 (May the fourth be with you), so my sister and I are making sure we get margaritas on Cinco De Mayo :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like an excellent plan!

1 Like

Funny, this morning I read an article about this, but the location was across the country and not in my state. Unfortunately, since DH has CAD, probably not a good idea to volunteer with mass amounts of people anyway.

1 Like

I was there yesterday and the tables were definitely more spaced out than they used to be.

Oops! Meant to quote more than just one word!

1 Like

Thanks! I actually saw the picture you posted on your trip report. The visual was very helpful! Looks like it’s possible to actually get up and get to the bathroom mid-meal now!

1 Like

I’ve eaten at San Angel 4 times and La Hacienda once. San Angel is an interesting ambiance being inside the dark pyramid and next to the Three Caballeros ride, but from my experience the quality of the food was better at La Hacienda. That said, I would be happy eating at either of them.

3 Likes