Same Day Park Availabilty

We couldn’t resist and picked up a multiday pass to get in before our black dates expired.
So we went to MK and Epcot and had a great time.
But we had reservations this upcoming weekend for 7,8,9 at HS, MK, and Epcot respectively.
But AP reservations are booked out the whole 7,8,9. And we want to swap either Epcot or MK for AK.

Has anyone noticed AP reservations opening day of?

I have. I was just checking out of curiosity and dreaming as if I could cut work and go… and all parks were available for my AP

2 Likes

Thats great news!!

I will have to keep a eye on it staring tommorow.

1 Like

Nothing today, you seeing something different?

Looks like I"m seeing the same thing today

1 Like

but if you are in a resort or have regular tickets its all green

1 Like

I must have hit a luck day when I looked

1 Like

I really think they should open the floodgates for AP holders day of, if not day before. They might as well keep the parks busy with locals if no one is coming in from out of town.

4 Likes

Its ridicules that they have unused availability, but AP’s cant go.
I hate to sound greedy, and i know that the Silver AP’s are very reasonable when taking into consideration how many times we go, but i feel I am getting cheated.

2 Likes

Ahhhh, at around 6 PM some availablity appeared.

3 Likes

Why???

1 Like

Not sure if you guys seen this article, exactly what you are talking about:

1 Like

this is frustrating and sad. I can’t plan too far out ahead, I’d rather pop in on that day… but openings at 6 pm is weird, right?

1 Like

Dfb posted that AP holders get or make up 50% of the Daily passes and guests. If we consider the park reservation calendars APs are using up their daily allotment. I’m sure someone has said this already. I hope they adjust to reflect the demand

2 Likes

Good call, it is the same thing.
Not sure what to do, its frustrating. They should at a minimum start moving over tickets and resort availability the day before.

2 Likes

Looks like they shifted gears, and are oppening more AP reservations.

2 Likes

HS is the one park I don’t think they should be doing this with, especially on the weekends. Some of the trip reports I’m reading seem like waits and the ability to social distance are getting problematic there.

2 Likes

I’m glad more APs will get to go! I agree HS should probably not be adding capacity, although in the past when they’ve added slots they have clarified that it was only a shift from one group (i.e., Resort Guests) to APs, not an overall increase in capacity. I don’t see any qualifier this time but it sounds like this was news wasn’t announced - it just happened.

IMO the preferred way to do this would be to release additional capacity on a rolling basis 5 days in advance instead of dropping a batch for the next month all at once. Unless they are permanently reconfiguring their capacity limits, which ideally they should do periodically.

3 Likes

I just checked and there’s a color change from this morning for APs :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing the news

3 Likes

I agree, they should slowly start siphoning capacity over at 7 days, then some more at 5 and 3 and so on.

So that by the day before or so, most of the capacity has transferred over to AP.

I take issue to the whole non AP’s spend more then AP’s.
Its way too broad of a statement, and many AP’s spend a lot at WDW.
We spend a ridiculas amount on food, its just our thing.

I think the real money there loosing is the Hotels, and not many family’s are booking last minute or a few days before WDW trips.

1 Like