Same Day FPP at Animal Kingdom

How likely are we to get FPP for Kilimanjaro Safari and Expedition Everest in the evening if we modify FPPs in the morning? The idea is to RD AK for DD to ride FOP; and DH and I to ride NRJ. DD wants to ride Expedition Everest during the day and at night; DH and I want to ride KS during the day and at night. Can we set up FPP ahead of time for the same ride in one day if they are Tier 2 rides?

Just to clarify, DD doesn’t want to ride KS; and DH and I don’t want to ride EE.

1 Like

Nope the 3 prebooked FP must be different attractions.

Single rider would work for DD. It’s just her wanting to ride, right?

1 Like

Yes, just her riding EE. She says she waited a long time last trip to ride it because she didn’t have FP for it.

You can’t book the same ride twice in one day with your initial three fastpasses. That said, from what I’ve seen you would have a pretty good chance of getting either KS or EE as a fourth fastpass for the evening. Our hope for our AK day (three weeks from today!) is to get KS for around 7 pm after our FOP fastpass at 12:45. I can try to remember to let you know how it went when we get back. When is your trip again?

1 Like

How disappointing. It looks like I could use up our FPP early on, and hopefully get ones for the evening. DH and I aren’t big on rides. We are only riding KS and NRJ together. I’m riding KRR with DD.

1 Like

December 24 will be our full day at AK. We have a half-day scheduled on the 27th.

I’ll bookmark this and hopefully that will remind me to let you know how it went. It’s likely to be a less crowded day for us but it may give you some idea of what to expect.

1 Like

Thanks!

If DD is old enough to go off on her own I would try for FPP for NRJ for you and DH and rope drop KS, Then make FFP for KRR and a night FPP for KS for you. For DD rope drop FOP if you are not able to get a FFP then FFP for KRR and EE day time. DH FPP for KS at night and EE at night and give DD his magic band so she can ride EE at night.

Another option would be to do what we did and that was to do a DVC tour. They give you 3 anytime fast passes each that can be used except on 7DMT and Pandora.

1 Like

These are good ideas. DD will turn 17 on our trip, so she’s old enough to go off on her own. We will be RDing EMH, so I’m not sure if KS will be open, though. I am hoping that there will be enough time for us to ride NRJ while DD rides FOP and then have time to go back through the line at NRJ for all three of us to ride together. We were inspired by Brian’s video of RDing AK. It may be totally different on Christmas Eve, though.

We are planning to do the tour on our second full day when we move from Pop to AKL instead of planning a nap in a room we may or may not have access to yet. We will give all of the anytime FP to DD, as she loves rides. I did forget about that, though.

1 Like

Sorry did not realize when you were going. The 3 anytime fastpasses are put on your magic bands so you would have to swap them, just so you are awear. I had thought they were paper fastpasses until we did it in June.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Thanks.

Lady V, off to the right of the main entrance of EE is the Single Rider line. Tell your daughter to look for that one, it’ll save her about an hour wait time, it moves so fast! She can ride multiple times as a single rider because it’s so fast moving!

1 Like

Ill tell her. Thanks!