Salty Caramel trip review Oct. 22-29 POFQ

Ha!! I was teasing you a little (although I did really want to see him). He’s soooo cute!!!

2 Likes

Word! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

:rofl:

I need to try this place! Sometimes I wish all the good food in EP could be shared with MK

Wow!

I’ve had equal good and bad experience at Skippers. The food brings us back though.

This is my workplace!! I hang out back there in between cavalcades and parades. Well, I would if I ever get scheduled again :wink:

6 Likes

That is SO COOL!!! It is so cool that you work there. I hope you get scheduled again! LOL!!

3 Likes

Tuesday, October 25
Day off!

Slept in!

Wesley went to Sassagoula food court to get coffee in our refillable mugs. Decent coffee, no mess in the room!

ADR’s for breakfast at the Yacht Club had us heading out around 9:00. Woodrow was texting my head off – his shift was late enough that he could join us for breakfast at Ale & Compass.

OH! I love that resort!!! Self-parking was full (that’s what a lot of Woodrow’s texts were about), so we just went to valet, y’all. That’s right! As if we were rich people or lottery winners, we left our car in valet!!!

The valet said he would leave it out front since we were only going to be there for breakfast. ROFL!!! My sister lives in Las Vegas and has a Mercedes Benz. When she parks valet, they leave her car out front because it looks good!

Not cheap, by the way. I think it was $33, not including tip. Worth it not to have to hike on our day off!

Woodrow was inside, and we checked in at the podium.

Ale & Compass breakfast: OMG! Delicious! We all got decadent things with a million calories, and it was divine. I had the dark chocolate waffles, and OMG! So much better than I’d been led to believe! Like eating warm, fluffy brownies with piles of whipped cream and cherry compote yumminess! Woodrow devoured his blueberry bacon pancakes; Wesley had… Well, I forget what he had, but he must have enjoyed it. (Wesley is almost always a member of the clean-plate club.)

Yacht Club Shopping: Still no Moana playset, but the Market had a little resort clothing, some of which was really cute… but none of it was plus size. I looked at everything, hoping to cancel the need to leave the bubble and go shopping for clothes suitable for California Grill and Jaleo. Wesley found a Star Wars pin for his friend. (Wesley and Bart were in the wrap-around-the-block line for the premiere of “Star Wars” when they were teenagers.) I cursed repeatedly (quietly, but still) because there was nothing larger than a Large in those cute clothes, and a CM heard me. Whoops. She asked what was wrong, and I said it would have been really nice if they had carried some plus sizes. She agreed and said she would run that up the chain – “We need to keep reminding the powers that be that they could sell more product if they carried more sizes.” Thought that was nice of her.

'Specially since I was being so rude. Even though we were the only people in the shop, I really was out of line.

Sent Woodrow off to work and got our car out of hock at the valet podium. Those guys were really, really nice.

Kissimmee shopping: Shocked at all the cold-weather clothes at the Kissimmee Kohl’s! ROFL!!! Sweaters and long sleeves and puffy coats and fur-lined boots…!!! Got some really nice things in the clearance area, still very happy with my under-duress purchases.

Kissimmee Walmart: Later, Woodrow was horrified we went there. ROFL!!! It was very ghetto. A recovering drug addict sold us a little $7 cake in the parking lot! Many, many jokes about that cake for the rest of the week. :smiley: It was fine. The Walmart did not have neck fans. :frowning:

Kissimmee Walgreen’s: Still no neck fans. Did get detergent tabs and fabric softener sheets for the afternoon’s laundry session.

Toll roads: SUCK IT SO BAD; I hate them so much. So much stress. I hate the idea of those bills coming in the mail. I want to pay the tolls right then and get it over with – or avoid the stupid toll roads entirely. Bite me, Florida toll roads!

Doubloon Lagoon: Really nice pool, lots of seating. Not much seating in the shade, although it (the shade) moved away from my lounge and then came back. The water play area for children is insanely cool. Wesley and I both marveled at it.

Doing the laundry was fine. One of the washing machines didn’t actually start, although it seemed like it was starting when I set my timer and went to the pool. When I went back to move two loads of wet clothes to the two dryers, only one load was ready. The machine on the wall which took my credit card info refunded my money; I moved the clothes to another washer and went back to the pool with two timers set. Whatever. Not a big deal, and Wesley didn’t get all stressed out over laundry. Crisis averted!

The afternoon was so lovely and long, we even got a nap in addition to relaxing by the pool!

Got dressed up and took the boat to Disney Springs. This was such a pretty boat ride and I wanted to do it again and again. However, shortly after I stepped out of the boat and started walking, my foot began to hurt – like really, really hurt. Like it felt like a permanent cramp. I could point my toe without too much pain, but if I flexed it back, as if pulling up my toes to point at the ceiling – OMG. No. It was excruciating, and it was like that for the rest of the trip. On this first night, it meant I was hobbling around Disney Springs like Verbal Kint.

Sprinkles: YES! Back for more!!! This time, I got two Salty Caramels, a Chocolate Marshmallow for Woodrow, and a Reese’s cupcake for Wesley. Love, love, love!

Jaleo: Absolutely fabulous! Checked in in person. Asked about Albert, the great bartender we had last year, but no. Hostess misunderstood and seated us in the bar. Fine, whatever, not picturesque, but fine. Javier was our server this year, and he was thrilled when we ordered the Jaleo Experience tasting menu. 13 courses!!! Highly recommend! Wesley got the Spanish Sips to go with it; I got a half-pitcher of sangria alllllllll to myselllllllffffff. Divine! Delicious!

Hobbled out into the night and took the bus back to POFQ. Woodrow showed up after work, and we all set our alarms for stupid:early o’clock again.

10 Likes

I loved the chocolate waffles! Sorry about your foot. Wesley and Woodrow are two peas in a pod!

4 Likes

Wait.

Did you eat the cake??? :flushed:

8 Likes

:laughing: Yeah, we did! Well, yes, until we had better things in its place. (See the part about going back to Sprinkles.) It was a little yellow cake with a swirl of strawberry jam on top in an aluminum pan. The guy was selling cakes as a fundraiser for a recovery clinic. I am both a trusting soul and a fiend for cake, I guess.

6 Likes

Oh! PHEW!

You scared the eff out of me! I thought you were buying and eating random cakes from people in walmart parking lots!

Dear God the heart attack I just had…

9 Likes

I am taking note of the Awakenings schedule for our January trip!!

2 Likes

Well she did live to tell about it so it couldn’t have been that bad. Although that may explain some of the gaps in her reporting :rofl:

6 Likes

One often cannot tell they have Hepatitis without some passage of time, a yellowing of the skin, and lab work.

3 Likes

This was your pot luck day right? :rofl:

If I start looking like Marge Simpson, I’ll run right to the nearest clinic!

6 Likes

Yes :smiley:

1 Like

Every time I see that photo, I want that gooey gelato creation all over again. It was so good! :yum:

3 Likes

We’re on a boat!

(Well, we were.)

(Forgot to post this in the Oct 25 part where we were headed for Disney Springs!)

13 Likes

Love the coordinating specs!

1 Like

I’d have a hard time waiting through all the Tree of Life shows too. I get antsy with standing still.

LOVE your Alice ears!

4 Likes

Thank you! They were still selling the Alice ears at a cart just past the UK pavilion’s cottage garden!

4 Likes