SallyEppcot's Universal trip report

@Sally - if you go back - David can actually wait in the child swap room instead of at the exits when he doesn’t want to ride. Just ask the CM and they will tell you what to do. Great trip report!

1 Like

Ooo, good advice. I kept trying to get him to wait in the gift shops, but he insisted that he was fine out in the sun. Silly man.

Glad you had a good time. Your husband is a good sport. My husband takes dramamine to get through some of the rides.

1 Like

The food looks fantastic

1 Like

Your trip looks magical. Loved reading it and the photos are great. Many thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Do y’all have any interest in the links to the version of this trip report that I’m doing for our family blog? There will be a lot of overlap, but I’ll post more pictures and take out most of the touring/logistical details. It’s what the boys’ grandmas, grandpas, uncles and aunts will read. :laughing:

I don’t want to be self absorbed and assume it will be interesting to anyone outside of my family, but here’s the link to the first part just in case anyone is interested. Sally Says: Universal Orlando Vacation, Day 1

4 Likes

It is pretty much the same but it is so good of you to make the details of your trip accessible to everyone you care about.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @SallyEppcot!

2 Likes

Thank YOU @SallyEppcot for taking the time to share this with us!

I get motion sickness easily so hearing about David’s experience is very helpful - I can see it being the same for me with all the simulator rides. Very good information to have!

Really enjoyed reading your awesome write-up and seeing all the pictures of your adorable family! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank sweetie!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading.

1 Like

Great trip report, @SallyEppcot! Thanks for posting! I also get motion sick and am prone to vertigo, so I skip a lot of rides, to be on the safe side, but I’d love to be able to do more. Can you tell me which rides were really bad for David, and which ones were ok? I know Simpsons is a definite no, also sounds like Despicable Me and Transformers aren’t so good for people prone to motion sickness.

1 Like

Hi! I think he started feeling nauseated the first day, and just never recovered. I don’t think he would want to ride anything at Universal again. Poor guy. You might have better luck!

I think Forbidden Journey was the worst for him. Reign of Kong and Gringott’s feel similar, but I don’t think those bothered him quite as much. After Transformers, he skipped all the rest of the simulators with screens. (Spider-man, Simpsons, Despicable Me) It just wasn’t worth the risk for him.

2 Likes

Poor guy! I know how he feels! I promised my kids I’d ride Tower of Terror, and could barely move for about two hours afterwards. I will definitely stay away from simulators! Is Gringotts a simulator? And thanks for the information!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gringott’s was kind of like a simulator-coaster hybrid. You would physically move through space for a while, but would then stop in one place and have motion and screens.

1 Like

Thank you, @SallyEppcot!

1 Like

Hey @Sally - i am doing research on RPR b/c we are staying there in October for 2 nights and I found your report! It was helpful and fun to read. Wanted to let you know it’s still being read a year and half after it was written!

Oh yay! That’s great to hear! I’d stay at RPR again in a heartbeat. I hope you have a great trip!

Thank you! We will be at RPR for 2 nights. We arrive into MCO on Tuesday 10/2 at 12 PM and I hope to be able to collect our baggage and find a taxi and then get over to the hotel by 2 PM. We will then go into the parks that evening for a few hours. My kids really aren’t into Harry Potter so I don’t know what to expect in terms of how quickly we will move through the parks. I do plan on showing them at least the first Harry Potter movie before we go so they can get some background on it. We then will have the whole next day on Wednesday to go back-and-forth between Universal and Islands of adventure as well. We will check out on Thursday before moving over to WDW. So it will only be a two night stay, but hopefully we can get a lot done and have some time to enjoy the resort as well. On our checkout day, I would really like to get a late check out so we can just sleep in, have breakfast and lay by the pool for a few hours. I was reading about how you got the late check out and I hope we can get that too!

1 Like

Sounds like a great plan!

1 Like