Sad after trip is over

And thus the bounceback offer was born…

:rofl:

Feel better soon!!!

5 Likes

Your condition is normal. Take two asprins and immedately begin to plan your next visit.

4 Likes

I find throwing myself into making a photo book (Shutterfly) really helps. I get to look through all my pictures. Plus the selecting the best is like going through a highlight reel of your favorite moments. Some of which you may have forgotten already in the whirlwind of your trip. Doing the layout and organizing the “flow” of the book, (chronologically, by park, etc) is like revisiting your planning.

9 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

I have this after travelling anywhere I really like. Leaving the bubble, wherever it is, and going back to regular hurts.

It’s interesting that my daughter is the exact same way and for her the feeling is much stronger, she gets both home sick and vacation sick. It got me thinking that I had the same thing as a kid, I got very attached to many places I visited for example on holiday, it indeed felt like a happy bubble that you had to leave.

1 Like

Or calendar. Or sometimes both.

:blush:

1 Like

The best thing that you can do is realize that your world can be a little closer to Disney ‘perfection’ if you open your eyes and make it so. Look around your home; how can you make it more ‘serene’? Better lighting? A bit neater?
More colorful?
Look at your ‘moods’. Are you kind? Are you judgmental? Are you most of all, self-forgiving?
Look into one of the Law of Attraction practices on the net. This will make you realize that it all starts with you and you can carry that Disney attitude and feeling around with you, even in the ‘real world’

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that so many feel so sad upon returning to reality at home, and try to fill that void by spending endless hours planning the next trip or focusing on photos from the trip. I, too, love Disneyland, and have made the 8 hour trip five times this year. I recently realized I am putting too much time into it, checking the forum and wait times often, going too often. I finally took the apps off my phone so I will have to make more effort to look at them. There is plenty in our lives to make us happy other than DL or WDW. It is always good to have something to look forward to, and it doesn’t have to be your next Disney trip. Do you dread your job and need to change it? Does your family disperse to their rooms and electronic devices or TV? Maybe schedule family nights to play games or work on a play. Find your joy outside of Disney. We all may have a tendency to make it our god, and that’s not good if we reach that level. I see it in myself and am trying to change that. I do agree, however, that Covid took its toll on all of us and hopefully that bout of sadness is just the culmination of all you endured, and it will soon pass and you will look around and find joy in the moments, not just in planning your next WDW trip.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Raleigh662 and @TremDLNut! You both raise excellent points about how we can approach life outside of our time at the parks. I’ve recently been keeping a written journal/photo journal of delights. Things that happen in my day that bring a smile to my face and are joyful.

6 Likes

Yes, joy.

Recently I had the experience (note the lack of adjectives :rofl:) of driving some awesome kids and their robot (in a trailer) to Houston for the Championship. As we were approaching the venue one of the kids said, “Look at all those robotics kids! We’re home!!!

That brought a smile to my face for sure. :blush:
Made all the bumps/holes, wind and rain disappear.

4 Likes

Welcome!
Our family loved this! Every Wednesday night was game night (usually with pizza or takeout). We all took turns picking the game(s). Even when the kids started working at 16/17, they still wanted game night. So we worked it in when we could.

2 Likes

The post-Disney depression is definitely real for me. I had a hard time after my last trip in January for several months. It has only disappeared because I am now planning our next trip.

Disney photos, Disney Playlists, Podcasts, Reading Touring Plan Trip reports, etc… do help a little, but nothing seems to fix it more than creating a new spreadsheet for the next trip.

1 Like