Sacred Space candidates for EP and DHS

I had a nice rest next to the pretzel cart near the brown derby in HS. It was shady and quiet late morning. I hid there for at least 30 mins (from my children and a large group of relatives.) Diet Coke + Mickey pretzel and I was ready to get back out there.

9 Likes

You’re my hero :laughing:

6 Likes

Lol. It was one of my favorite 1/2 hours of our trip :joy:

5 Likes

This (UK tea garden by lagoon) is hands down my favorite. I thought I had a picture to add as I second ((or third) this endorsement, but I can’t find it. My family had a magical moment here in December

The time I tried to sit at the white table in MK it was full sun. So my version is straight through the Christmas shop and onto a picnic table out back. Had shade and you can still see the calvacades.

3 Likes

Love, love, love HBD lounge.

1 Like

It really is the best place. Any time i post the [half] joke “I’m jealous of me too” it’s usually from that location.

Admittedly, it was better before the barges, but the view is still 90% there and a light breeze just makes it paradise.

12 Likes

sometimes, but as the day goes on it becomes filled w/ ppl resting their feet in the shade or trying to escape the sun which makes it hard for those w/ a tray from Katsura Grill to find a place to sit and eat.

3 Likes

On the last trip, I watched a kid break down in full on tears that the playground was currently closed (the one close to the temporary Star Bucks that they had put up)

Felt so bad for him as he clearly was so looking forward to it

5 Likes

This looks wonderful - it has my vote for the EP Sacred Space for sure.

3 Likes

Umm Disney definitely needs MORE PLAYGROUNDS! It actually surprises me how few there are.

5 Likes

Epcot could use something like a Tom Sawyer Island.

Hmmm … maybe they could dress up the Stargate and Tacos. :thinking:

9 Likes

I still think this sounds like the title of a 70’s cop drama

11 Likes

Yes! Or like an actual park in the UK or France pavilion (since I know they both have lovely ones). DLP has all the mazes and the Pirate ships and the Native American playground etc. I’m just asking for one per park over here man!

4 Likes

You’re thinking of Starsky and Hutch

4 Likes

No, I’m thinking more along the lines of a 70’s era cross-cultural train wreck. You know, where they think they’re being inclusionary by having minority characters that are nothing more than stereotypes. Forward thinking then, cringeworthy now.

4 Likes

ahahah… I think of the parks as one BIG playground :wink: some of my favorite things inside parks are the spot where water spouts up randomly. My littles loved playing in those areas.

5 Likes

Mine too but the only random water I can think of anymore is Casey Jr? There is definitely a significant lack of things to climb.

1 Like

No, there’s a lack of things you’re supposed to climb. I mean, how many times a trip do you say ‘get off of there’ and ‘stop climbing on that’? :wink:

8 Likes

LOL I saw a parent encouraging their child to climb to be able to get a picture :laughing:

there’s two places in EC: near GotG/S220 and I forget the other place, then they have the beautiful light up sparkle walkway at EC too. There used to be a water thing in DS too but I don’t go there enough anymore to know if it’s still there. I know Stitch spits at ppl over one of the doors at WoD in DS.

1 Like

I was going to make some sarcastic remark about “You’ll take back ‘the whole park is a playground’ when my kid is climbing on the line fixtures!” But I didn’t want to be that mom lol.

3 Likes