Sacred Space candidates for EP and DHS

Some responses in a previous thread got me thinking about candidates for sacred spaces in EP and DHS, to accompany the white table in MK and place that shall not be named in AK.

I realize we won’t have a real answer to this until JeffAZ makes a poll about it, but what are some of the candidates to start the poll?

I have a couple of ideas, but looking to hear what others think:
DHS - At Baseline tap house, there is a table with an umbrella back near the green door which is often empty but offers a great view of the crowds while staying out of the way.
DHS - Tower of terror exit area, but look left instead of right for some secluded tables perfect for an afternoon coffee
EP - The UK Gardens, as long as the band isn’t playing. Great to take a drink from a local shop outside.
EP - Morocco Fountain, although there’s no beverage supply there.
EP - American Adventure between the Hops & Barley and the Restrooms there is a nice quiet area to enjoy a beverage and relax

What other suggestions do liners have?

12 Likes

I love the UK gardens and also the seating area behind the beer cart in the UK overlooking the lagoon. Morocco fountain us great, but so is the little temple room in there on the left. There are a couple benches inside and most people just walk through quickly since there isn’t much in there. They have slushies at the window beside Spice Road Table too. The seating area for Kasura Grill is really nice and sometimes completely deserted. The temple in China is my favorite place to decompress though.

14 Likes

This is the only candidate I will endorse :slight_smile:

10 Likes

HBD lounge.
Great people watching.
Outdoors.
Fantastic food and drinks.

Haven’t actually had the chance to do it yet, but will make it happen next go.

9 Likes

There’s that area in Canada where the kidcot spot has been. It’s at the exit of the theatre. It’s shady and not crowded. The kidcot table only takes up a fraction of the space.

There’s not much to see there but the temperature is nice.

I could not find the other thread about the MK and AK spaces. Would love some tips as I’m going solo next trip and want to have more down time. Please tag me in it if you can. Thanks.

3 Likes

If we can come to a consensus we don’t need a poll. :rofl:

I think the criteria would be:

1. Outdoors in a shaded area
  2. Secluded and peaceful
  3. Relatively unknown (at the time of christening)
  4. Seating available
  5. Good place for eating / drinking a plus

Any other criteria?

11 Likes

Poll please :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

That is a great location. It seems like a lot of people don’t know that you can sit there because they think it’s part of the bar and restaurant.

8 Likes

In Epcot I used to like the grassy area with tables by the bathroom next to the old Starbucks. Then they put a stupid playground in there! :rage:

In HS I like the tunnel going from GE into TS during certain times of day it’s pretty empty and I can usually grab a shady bench.

6 Likes

Shaded

7 Likes

Oh good idea, but I’m gonna need some photos of said locations :smile:

6 Likes

Has seating maybe?

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I took that as a given. Shaded as well, but I’ll go ahead and add to the list to be complete. :joy:

8 Likes

Was going to pick this. It was almost empty when we went, we were hungry and tired and it felt perfect even if the food was kind of mediocre+

4 Likes

Voting.

9 Likes

That’s actually my favorite bench back there!

3 Likes

I think that is the winner so far! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Where in the world is that? I don’t recognize it

2 Likes

UK waaaaaay down back in the gardens. At the far end is an awning which leads to a room where Pooh used to meet. This bench is near that

5 Likes

Great, thanks!