Running/jogging at AKL?

Hi there, I am wondering where apart from the gym(I hate treadmills) there is to run/jog at AKL? I’ve read some people saying they have run from Jambo to Kidani and back and others around the carpark. Looking at Google Maps I can see a road near the tennis court area that appears to go round the back of the hotel and savannah. Has anyone walked or ran here? Just wondering how safe it would be? Looking for a roughly 3 mile/5k route
Thanks for all and any advice

I’ve run about the amount when there but you have to do loops to get in the miles. I think you cannot take that road for a run because that is a Cast Member only area. I once ran out of the AKL property over to AK itself on the connecting roads, but it was a little dicey with traffic. And I was not allowed on my choice of roads because some are closed to guests.
But if you don’t mind looping around the AKL area, on the roads, between the two lodges, you can get in 3 miles or so. I think its much better than a treadmill!

1 Like

Thanks Dumborunner.
We’re at AKL for 2 weeks late April, early May. I’ve got a couple of half marathons(inc Edinburgh) in late May and early June and want to keep up my running as much as possible.

1 Like