Running around

Out of curiosity, are there any decent places to take a run at the resorts (well, specifically thinking about Bay Lake Tower at this point since that is where we are planning)?

I may not want to, but usually I wake up before my wife, and, on occasion while on vacation, I’ll go for a run (2-3 miles).

Even if you don’t yourself run, have you seen runners?

1 Like

I would say to take the boat to WL or FW and run the trail between the two resorts. That boats starts very early in the morning (6:30?)

Edited to add, if you decide on an EP area resort, the boardwalk and the path to/from HS is great too.

I see runners at nearly every resort.

Disney’s suggested running trails are as follows:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/jogging/

4 Likes

I can’t believe that you have the energy to run before /after a day at the parks. @ryan1superman😉.

3 Likes

I noticed a lot of runners on the background of some of the Touring Plans videos where Brian walks around in the morning. It’s such a great way to take in atmosphere.

We’re bringing our running gear and may or may not run. I kinda hope we get one or two in. Might help with all those calories. Lol

2 Likes

^^^^This!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have energy AFTERWARDS. But I’m a morning person, so I might run beforehand. I don’t run daily. Typically 3-4 times a week. Our vacation in February, I ran 3 times.

I’m no superman, though, believe me. I actually HATE running. It is tortuous. But it helps keep me spry! (Or so I keep telling myself.)

3 Likes

I kind of like this idea, after looking at the maps. There also appears to be a running path between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian (2 miles). How early does the Monorail start, though? I supposed I could drive over, but would the resort monorail be up and running?

2 Likes

Coffee orders to @ryan1 aka superman everyone!

1 Like

BUT…you have 5 children!

I’m telling you I’m not…

2 Likes

All the more reason I need to run. Having several children doesn’t make you spry or keep you spry. It makes you old. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Seriously, good on you… unless you keep fit to chase Mrs @ryan1. :wink:

I don’t run much anymore because my knees hate me, but have to say first thing in the morning at Disney resorts is MY FAVORITE time to go out for a walk.

I tend to wake up before sunrise on vacations, so I head out without waking everyone, wander and take some photos, then grab coffee on the way back. Great way to start the day.

2 Likes

Me too. Wherever I travel, I am up at the crack of dawn, wandering. I love deserted places, especially beaches at sunrise.
Just have to make sure that I don’t get run over by @ryan1.

3 Likes

I suggested the boat since I believe it starts around 6:30. The monorail schedule can change but this may help.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

1 Like

Thanks. Looks like Monorail service starts at 7:00 am (at least at the moment). So that would work.

“Unless”? I mean, to me that’s probably the best reason of all! :wink:

(Although, truth be told, it isn’t hard to keep up with her. She’s 10 inches shorter than I am. She has to take three steps for every two I take!)

2 Likes

Here’s how I envision it will play out. I go to bed early, my wife stays up later. I wake up early, my wife is still asleep. I get on my running garb, go for a run, then stop by the Joffrey Coffee place on the way back to bring back to my wife. I shower, she perks up to the coffee then we head back out together for breakfast, when I get my Diet Coke for my caffeine. (No coffee for me.)

3 Likes

You are so sweet. It is refreshing and wonderful to come across someone who celebrates being so happily married …so says the old cynic.

4 Likes