RUMOUR - Changes to DHS FP tiers starting 29th August

Yeah, Len still ultimately framed it as a question, but I thought the same thing. If they felt it was reason enough to make a change in the TP software, that gave the rumor a lot more weight for me.

2 Likes

This still seems like a really weird decision to me. Maybe it’s just for the SWGE rush to deter people from hanging around in the park too long? Or to keep the standby lines at RnRC and ToT at reasonable levels? I mean, they’re basically cutting the FP access to RnRC and ToT significantly and funneling a lot of people towards Star Tours.

Well this will make my decision making way easier. My 10 year oldson was aghast that we’d go all the way to Orlando and not do UOR (like we did in our last trip). I was bent on doing an 8 night onsite stay and focus only on a 4 park WDW vacay (since our last trip we did just MK and Universal). Disney just made it easy for me. No way am I going to waste time at park where I get ONE FP out of 8 headliners. Originally had 2 days destined for HS. We will shorten our trip to 6 nights, then move to Universal for 2 nights. My oldest son will be thrilled that Disney just gifted him Universal and Harry Potter. I haven’t been to HS in 27 years. A few more years is the cards yet.

3 Likes

Right now, I don’t even want to go to HS on our October trip, but my DH, DS, and DS in law do. I can’t believe that I will be trying to be on a bus by 5 a.m. to go to a park where I have to stand in long lines for basically everything. I have been examing my plans trying to find more time for Epcot and I think this could be it.

2 Likes

Well TSMM isn’t a fairly new ride, it must be nearly 10 years old now. But I understand their logic in having it as a tier 1 to stop everyone trying to get Slinky.

Add this to the long list of reasons I am bitter about SWGE opening during our trip.

5 Likes

Yes hopefully it’s temporary and when M&M and both SW rides are opening and offering FP they’ll change again.

1 Like

So this seems really, really, super dumb. I don’t quite understand. Especially since the Tier 2 ones won’t be available until 10:30? But at the same time, with little kids, I don’t think this actually changes much for me. I wasn’t going to FP+ RRC or ToT so I’m going to be stuck with shows regardless. I do wish they would move TSMM or AS2 to Tier 2.

1 Like

I agree. With young kids it doesn’t affect me much but I wish too they would move AS2 and TSM so that those with young kids who can’t ride anything else could get more FPP. Again curious to see how M&M play into this.

HS has always been one of my favorite parks. I has always gone to it multiple times a trip. RnR, ToT, and ST is my favorite ride combo. I miss the years that I was able to spend the last couple of hours riding RnR and ToT over and over again (I loved the 13 minute posted wait times at ToT). I spend almost all of my time at EP in WS. Although I love Soarin, I rarely will “waste” one FP at a park that I cannot justify other FPs. I am afraid that will be my future at HS. Someone pointed out that even with the CL paid FPs you will not be able to book all of the headliners, even before Galaxy’s Edge . I guess it just makes me sad.

6 Likes

I suppose the goal is that limited FPP will make the SB more manageable. Let’s hope that plays out and that some of these attractions can average 30 minutes SB waits. But I think I’m being optimistic.

1 Like

I think we may do the same thing. We never go to Universal because I always want to stay in the bubble but if HS is this much of a mess then it opens up a day.

The constant tug of war between my intellectual awareness of why Disney is doing something (crowd management) and my desire that they prioritized differently (my customer satisfaction).

3 Likes

Toy Story Mania is more than eleven. Grandson was on it (max high score - sigh) in early Sep 2008.

1 Like

How time flies. I didn’t know you could get a maximum score on TSM. I guess that tells you all you need to know about my ability to play it.

1 Like

Same. If I break six figures (barely) I’m excited. Looked over at grandson’s score and it was maxed out 9s. He did that on Buzz too. It’s in his dna. Can’t be skill . . .

1 Like

Is it necessary that crowd management come at the direct expense of customer satisfaction? That’s seems like it’s really up to Disney.

My impression is that DLR showed some restraint with its reservation system for SWGE. They could have just collected gate fare hand over fist and packed the park to the gills, magic be damned. Instead they said, “Sorry, not everyone can come to the new land, but you’ll know before you come whether you get to do SWGE. Meanwhile, this reasonably ensures that you can still enjoy the same high-standard park experience that we’ve previously offered. (At least until June 23.)”

By contrast, WDW seems to want to draw bigger crowds than it can handle, without making investments that would preserve its standard for park experience. Instead it’s just reducing the park experience. It’s effectively requiring customers to absorb the crowd-management burden, by taking away things they thought they’d be able to do when they booked their trips. It seems like they’re robbing Peter to pay Paul.

This doesn’t affect my plans too much because we already were so wary of DHS crowds that we were considering doing EPCOT instead. But I do covet the transparency DLR gave to its guests. What else is WDW going to take away before we arrive?

8 Likes

Haven’t been to WDW for 5 years so I’m rusty on MDE.

Can someone explain to me how the screenshots in the TP blog show the Tier changes?

Seems odd at 90 days out there aren’t more times available close to 8pm. Any explanation?

The pictures show that you can trade out RnR for the list directly below it (Tier 1) or add experiences from the second grouping (Tier 2)

I’m pretty sure it has way more to do with internet research than either skill or dna.

1 Like