Rumour - 2020 tickets may be on sale July 9th

I can’t remember your circumstances but have you considered buying regular tickets and then upgrading to APs when they become available? That way you could at least get the park reservations settled.

Our trip isn’t until April, so we have time. I just like all my ducks in a row!

I’ve considered that, but, in the past, all upgrades have had to happen in person. Our trip is more than 10 days, so we would risk not getting APRs for some of our days. Not to mention if FPPs come back, we’d be missing out on those too.

1 Like

Ok that makes sense! Best of luck to you in getting your tickets.

Another option if you start getting anxious is to book a placeholder package (or two) with tickets so you can book your reservations, then cancel the entire package when you secure your actual tickets.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea!! Thanks!

1 Like

Hooray! Disney reached out to the military ticket offices today. I have an appointment Tuesday to pay for and pick up the tickets.

The agent said Disney requests that guests look at the park availability calendar before purchasing and as soon as tickets’re in hand, link in MDE and then select park days.

We discussed how Disney sure wants to know who’s going.

1 Like

Update to my ticket saga today. Was finally able to get through and a CM in the IT department was able to get me a park pass reservation for the new ticket day I purchased this morning.

So I finally think our plans are set for this trip…

Until something else is announced tomorrow :rofl::crazy_face:

4 Likes

I’m trying to decide if I should add a day onto my park tickets. We had 7 day tickets, but downgraded to 6 when we moved our trip to December. I figured MVMCP plus really liking POR for a resort day. Fast forward to now, and we are moved to Caribbean Beach and unlikely any MVMCP.

Our arrival day is when we’d use the park ticket. We fly from PVD early in the AM and arrive at MCO before 9AM. Do we take it easy on arrival day, do some Disney Springs and a yummy dinner…or add a park day for the family of 3?

Add a park day, if you can. That’s a good chunk of the day to visit a park.

2 Likes

How much more would you have to pay to add an extra day? Usually the difference between 6 and 7 days is low enough to be worth it even if you just go for a couple of hours.

1 Like

Add a day. The cost is minimal

1 Like

If you buy tickets from Undercover Tourist they are refundable if you choose the “mail” option, minus a small percentage. I bought a couple late last evening this way, and mid-morning today I received an email with my ticket numbers so I was able to link them right away. Also received the shipping notice this morning.

1 Like