Rumor: Paid FPs imminent

They can change without notice and they can respond exactly like they did to me:

There does not seem to be an official Disney release of this program, so in theory, it does not exist.

3 Likes

Well how are people able to book them then, if it doesn’t exist?

Wouldn’t that also apply to all the ins and outs of the FP system, if they aren’t explained on the website?

I don’t understand…

Anyway, this was a trial. It obviously works, enough people were willing to pay, on top of the CL prices, for access to extra FPs.

And now it looks like we’re getting the same for all guests, only with a decrease in the number of free FPs.

2 Likes

It was quite funny…they telephoned (after a few failed attemps trying to work out how to call a UK mobile) to ask if they could help with ADRs and I sent them a list of what I wanted. Then they telephoned again to ask for my credit card details as they can’t link to the one registered on MDE. During this conversation they mentioned that DSS opens at 10.00 est. I got cold feet on the day, logged in and booked the ADRs myself when the system opened at 07.00!:joy:

3 Likes

Disney will not confirm the program in writing. They do confirm FPs. I get an email about those dates 59 days before my trip. They release the info through all the Disney bloggers (such as TP) but never release it officially through their site.

2 Likes

It is peculiar. I knew about them from other Liners (Mrs Beast on chat most recently), then I received an e mail from Signature Services saying they wanted to tell me about a ‘pilot scheme’ and during this call they told me about the CLFPs. I booked in about August 2018 and this week was the first time Signature Services mentioned it to me…described as ‘extra special pixie dust’.

I meant more to @PrincipalTinker, that if something doesn’t exist then you wouldn’t be able to do it. But we know you can, so therefore it exists.

Hmm. As far as pixie dust goes- Disney giveth, and Disney taketh away.

4 Likes

$$$$😂

1 Like

It exists, but since they never officially announced it they can remove it/change it with no notice. They already did that by removing the night time show? I am just a little annoyed at this game they are playing these days.

5 Likes

All I can say is, if they make this or any programs like it official, and especially if they expand it to a larger group of visitors, they had better have IT support. It takes a good 20 minutes or so to get all the FP lined up over the phone.

Some people email or fax their list in prior to calling, to try to speed up the process, but that just seems like another piece to get lost in the shuffle.

It’s downright archaic.

4 Likes

That’s right, they did remove the night time show.

I definitely need to take hard copies of my email with me- and I need to pencil in times, too, because they were not included in the list they sent. That’s really all I have that indicates this program exists. Except for the credit card charges.

1 Like

I agree Disney never made an announcement and it is not on their official website. I just don’t agree that it is a secret, which someone mentioned earlier. Anyone can get the information if they ask for it. I was just responding to someone who said they didn’t realize it was a secret.

3 Likes

At least you can 'phone them. I had one of those days when I was scared of going to the loo in case I missed the call…and I am an old lady… :grin:.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I’ve heard it (and I chat with Martin often enough).

The idea of a price-differentiated FastPass system goes back to the original proposal in 2008. That had your “premier experience” tiering - I think 4 separate tiers, IIRC.

If I knew anything else, I would’ve been sworn to secrecy about it. :smile:

10 Likes

CLFP = Club Level FastPasses

1 Like

:dizzy_face:

1 Like

We are planning our second WDW trip for November 2-9 (we went on our first trip same time last year). Between the SWGE dates being announced for 8/29 and now this, this is becoming way too overwhelming. Maybe a Disney cruise would be less stressful. It’s what I wanted to do anyway, but our kids (6 and 3 years old) CANNOT stop talking about how much fun they had at Disney World. It was truly magical seeing it through their eyes, but this is anything but magical right now. :pensive:

8 Likes

I have to say, I’ve not heard the last one. And I’ve just been back to the thread on WDWMagic where Martin dropped this into the conversation.

Edited: ohhhhh, should have read on!

But what I will say is that he said there would be “incentives to pay for extra FPs”. And that it would become a toxic topic when it comes to fruition “later this year”.

Martin isn’t one to stir things up. But this sounds like significant changes.

1 Like

I sympathize with you. I thought we could just drop into WDW for a week after my daughter’s graduation- it would be easy- hotel, entertainment, food all right there. Right?

:rofl:

I’ve planned trips to Europe that were simpler than this. And cost less.

I do think it will be worth it in the end, but I didn’t know what I was getting into!

7 Likes