Rumor: Paid FPs imminent

How’s this for the liner heresy? I’ve used fast passes to meet characters.

1 Like

It’s not heresy if it saves you time standing in line.

Do this and report back.
If you dare.
Kylo was actually terrifying.

6 Likes

We used a fast pass for meeting Elena and Cinderella in 2017, because my daughter was OBSESSED with Elena. So I will join the heretics.

2 Likes

Yes he’s so intimidating! When I told him that he said “Excellent”, really made me laugh!

5 Likes

Pre-Pandora there was not much at animal Kingdom I needed fast passes for. And now that I think of it they were same day ones gotten later.

My then five-almost-six year old screamed her head off as we got in there. She didn’t even have any context for him. He’s just foreboding.

3 Likes

I’m not afraid. I’ll just point to DD24 and say, “You’d better be nice, her name is Leia.” Of course, that might make him even more, er, unstable.

6 Likes

Oh please do this! And have someone record it!

5 Likes

Heh, I will! :grinning:

4 Likes

Err, the stretching room in WDW certainly is an elevator. You’ll have to take the Keys to the Kingdom Tourto find out more! :wink:

But I absolutely 100% agree with you. Disney are way ahead of other theme parks in making queues part of the attraction. Until Universal created Hogsmeade and then Diagon Alley, their queues were nothing like some of the queues at Disney - ToT, HM, Star Tours are amongst the best, but even Splash, Pirates, JC, Kali etc have a story unfolding through the queue.

1 Like

I had forgotten about the queue at ToT, but added a FP just for that. I can leave before the ride.

1 Like

Does that apply to Splash too? Because that has an IP, but most people probably don’t realise that (by the way, I’m not trying to start a political debate here).

1 Like

Truth time. I have never ridden ToT either, not even done the queue. I was going to last time but we ran out of time, next trip though, eldest is riding and I will definitely do the queue with him, not sure if I will ride though.

1 Like

I love Splash as a stand alone. It’s a very entertaining ride. I didn’t know the backstory prior to first riding it forever ago. I also love boat and splash rides. And bunnies. Er - rabbits. I find rabbits precious.

Which haven’t you done?

Sorry, edited it. ToT.

OK. So you could do the wet rides at IoA then! And by all accounts, you don’t just get wet, you get drenched. Definitely take a change of clothes.

Not sure if Universal have bunny rides though :rofl:

I’ve only done a few rides there. ET is probably my sentimental favourite anywhere. I liked the Back to the Future simulator (now Simpsons, which I don’t like at all - coaster fear again). I did MiB.

And DH and I have a priceless, excruciating video of us in Star Trek. Oh and I was picked to play Lucille Ball’s dippy friend. Only I had absolutely no idea who she was, had never seen the show! It was hilarious, we re-created the conveyer belt sketch. The audience were howling with laughter, I genuinely was confused as heck, which made it even better!

And I’ve done Forbidden Forest and Gringotts.

That’s about it. We saw some of the shows, the horror make up one was good, and the animal “stunt” show. And some other stunt show set in a Western.

1 Like

I did Dudley Do Right in 1998. That’s actually the fond memory I have along with the Lucy memorabilia. Seuss was only partly open. I closed my eyes through a lot of the other rides. I think I did dualing dragons? That sounds familiar?

I’m not into Star Trek. Is that still there?

I remember Paramount tie-in’s that didn’t resonate wirh me at those parks in the past.

Ah. Then I have them backwards. One of them isn’t an elevator, one of them is. I thought the DL one was the one that was. In that case, I reinstate the ingeniousness of Disney even more. :slight_smile:

ETA: Nope. I just double-checked. I was right to begin with. The stretching room at WDW is not an elevator. The one at DL is.

1 Like