Rumor: Paid FPs imminent

Sure. But just the fact that you can skip it proves it’s not actually the attraction. It sets you up with the story so that you can better enjoy the attraction. Designing the car at TT is part of the experience but it’s not the actual attraction.

I suspect this is why, when we went to Universal, the times for the waiting estimates in the Touring Plans app were WAY off the actual wait times, whereas the Universal posted times were far more accurate. I think it is a case of when people report times, they are starting the timer late, or stopping it early. In some case, for example, you shouldn’t even be stopping the timer as you enter the vehicle because your phone should already be pocketed by then!

2 Likes

Interesting.
To me an attraction starts once I am actively engaged.
The pre-show for GOTG is necessary to “understand” the concept of the ride. I think the overall theming is what keeps WDW and average carnival attractions distinctly different.

3 Likes

That’s true of the entire park. As a non-rider for many of the headliners, it’s the reason why I never go to any other amusement parks, plus the quality of the non-ride attractions. On the days the family goes to Universal, I stay “home”.

3 Likes

I feel bad that I’ve been to FL so often and not visited USO since 1998. It just doesn’t have anything for me, save Dr. Seuss. I’m not a Harry Potter or Jurassic Park fan. And while I like Marvel, they just seem like rides at USO. I am not even sure what else is there, TBH.

2 Likes

I’m not a Mickey Mouse fan, yet I go to Disney.

3 Likes

You don’t like Mickey Mouse?

Nope. Find him annoying and somewhat mundane, actually. And his voice. Yikes. Very grating.

2 Likes

I don’t like him, either. Or Minnie, or Donald Duck. I’m a heretic.

2 Likes

I just looked up the USO website. The last time I was there they had Twister, King Kong, and the Jetsons. They also had Lucile Ball thing. Now that I am looking, I remember why we haven’t gone. I don’t follow Men in Black, Simpsons, Minions, Transformers and certainly not Mummy. (Scary!)

My kids love Mickey and Minnie and Winnie and Peter Pan, and, and, and. So that is why we keep returning. Though after we went in 2016 I didn’t imagine I’d return for 5-7 years. Then DD14 mentioned how much she’d love to attend a MVMCP and see it decorated for Christmas. DD14 is my right arm. She keeps this busy Mama from self-combusting. She makes sure siblings get fed. She’s a gem… and here I am back on a WDW site. She will start classes at the community college next January and then be imbedded into a college schedule for the foreseeable future. “It’s now or never.” I could have lived with never… but now I’m in full-bore.

2 Likes

A little part of me just died. :wink:
I’ve thrown more Minnie Mouse themed birthdays than you can shake a stick at.
I may have to even pull up a photo or two to soften your heart. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, all right! She’s, uh, tolerably cute. :smile:

1 Like

I hated MiB the movie. (I love the ride. Better version of Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.)
I never watched The Simpsons, other than a rare episode, because I was never a fan. (I love the ride.)
I find the Minions mildly entertaining, although I did enjoy Despicable Me overall. (I found the ride experience fine…not great.)
Transformers? Well Okay. The ride is a hot, frenetic mess. I’ll give you that one!
The Mummy? I saw the very first movie, and enjoyed it, but none of the sequels. But the ride is one of my favorite rides in all of Universal.

2 Likes

Marie said it was the best day of her life.

9 Likes

I guess I have to like the IP to even want to try the ride…

Now - I do think my DH and sons would enjoy trying USO. I have been looking into a Dad/Son trip for next January. The cost seems miniscule compared to the Mom/Daughter trip, and not just because there are more girls than boys.

I do adore Minnie, she is always so sweet - she got really excited about my Mickey T shirt once. But I have no time for Donald, Pluto, Goofy and really can’t bear Stitch!

2 Likes

My kids love them all. Love them. Even my teens. Donald suggested selfies with them. Tigger re-styled my son’s hair. Smoothed it out. I honestly think one of the hardest parts to following a TP is that they don’t include enough characters.

1 Like

I just want to meet Kylo, so I can call him “Ben”.:wink:

5 Likes

I know I’m weird. Love Disney, but honestly don’t care two-hoots about any of the “main” Disney characters. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto. Well, okay. Pluto I kind of feel sorry for.

If you had to pin me down on favorite classic Disney characters, it would be Eyeore and Winnie the Pooh, etc. I just don’t understand the love for Mickey.

What I DO love about Mickey simply is the fact that his imagery is the embodiment of Walt Disney World.

2 Likes

DS14’s first trip was when he was 7 and he insisted characters were for babies. He did agree to meet a few - Rafiki, Phineas and Ferb, Chip and Dale (though I don’t think he knew who they were) and a Green Army man outside TSM. He had to meet Mickey and Minnie because I made him. The next time we went he was 11 and would happily have not met a single character (I did 4 character meals so he had no choice!) except Chewie and Kylo Ren. I don’t know if he’ll meet any this time except for at the 3 character meals I’ve booked again because I like characters!

1 Like