Rumor: Paid FPs imminent

Not if you can only use it by paying for the privilege.

Although they could decrease them and then charge for extra. Is it possible they closed a loophole since there will be a cash value in the future?

1 Like

They didn’t say they’re doing away with it- they’re modifying it. Whatever they do to it, it will still be a significant advantage over what the vast majority of people have to deal with- which is a 30-day window (or no window at all, which frankly is the way I see this going).

2 Likes

Well it’s a rumour, we don’t actually know what they’re going to do. Maybe nothing, maybe charging for extra, maybe you only get the 60 days if you pay… The possibilities are endless.

1 Like

This would be a little bit silly on their part as it would dis-incentivize staying on property to have this benefit at 60days

9 Likes

My impression was that the 30-60-90 day tiers would remain - but it was just the number of FPs that would vary.

2 Likes

But if you’re going to pay to play, staying offsite begins to look better

15 Likes

Yes that’s true.

Maybe paid get 90 or 60 days. Onsite gets 30 automatically and offsite gets nada? They can do a lot of things.

2 Likes

I’m not at all surprised by this. As crazy as it sounds, basic supply and demand would indicate that Disney is still not charging enough for its product. The parks are increasingly overcrowded, and they can’t seem to raise prices fast enough to have much impact on that.

My guess is that the trial CL fastness program was a big success. This, along with all the extra paid events such as DAH, EMM and the dessert parties have indicated to Disney that there is a huge appetite for premier experiences.

By the end of this year, there will be six or seven rides that are hard to obtain FP for at 60 days- and that’s for people staying on-site. The vast majority of visitors have no chance of getting a FP for those rides. So the incentive to buy up will be even greater- you’d need two days of Club Level-style paid FP just to be sure you hit all the new headliners.

I guess I’m not inclined to jump into rumors without some kind of supporting documentation (which I guess takes it from rumor to fact)

7 Likes

exactly

1 Like

Nothing to suggest they’d do away with the 60 day advantage. They could keep that, I’d be very surprised if they don’t. Just limit the number you can pre-book at the time you can do so.

2 Likes

Maybe. But if onsite still gets you 60 days, but you can pay to go from 3 to 5 (or 2 to 5 fps) the 60 day window still has advantages in getting hard to get FPs like FoP, SDD, the new SW rides, etc… So an off-site guest may be able to get more FPs by paying, but still only get to reserve them at 30 days out.

Agree! I have been saying this for years, as much as it costs, it is still not expensive enough. The parks are crazy crowded and the premium experiences often sold out. I think even if onsite rooms doubled and tickets tripled in price, it would still be crowded. Money does not seem to be an object when people are obsessed with Disney.

4 Likes

Do you think any of this will even be available to off-site guests? I guess I was assuming it wouldn’t be. I’m sure that under “various paid packages” they’re going to officially announce the existence of the CLFP program, instead of it being the poorly-kept secret that it is now.

2 Likes

New person here so could someone tell me what CLFP stands for?

… still being described as 'a pilot programme ’ that they have to ‘speak’ to you about. Nothing in writing. :wink:

2 Likes

Haha, it’s in writing now.
Although they don’t actually call it anything, they’re just “reserved”.

@caseymundy83 those are the supersekrit hush-hush Club Level Fast Passes that one can purchase 90 days out if staying in a Club Level Room. You get three per day (which can be any attraction) and they will also book the other three, which are subject to the usual tiering rules.

3 Likes

I didn’t even realise they were super secret.

2 Likes