Rumor: Paid FPs imminent

:rofl: True dat…

You forgot “red dirt” in your “home of” summary.

1 Like

Your DH is a wise man - people forget all of the hidden costs of driving, like time, wear and tear on the car, etc.

BeFrugal has a great fly vs drive calculator: Fly or Drive Calculator

2 Likes

Mostly I don’t check bags because I don’t want things to get delayed/lost/stolen (I always have at least one connection). I also don’t like to have to go to the desk or wait for luggage, although priority tags/lanes do help. Sometimes I’ll just take a carryon, then check it on the way back so I don’t have to haul it around my connecting airport, and I care less if it is delayed.

I fly a lot, though. I guess over the years I’ve just figured out I don’t need much stuff.

3 Likes

You know, I’m feverishly planning our next trip and I keep seeing the title of this post. It’s really upsetting me!

The paid FPs is not a thing, paid FPs is just a rumor. Say it with me now, “Paid FP’s is a rumor”.

I can’t pull the trigger until I find out more about this rumor. Well that and convince DH :joy:

5 Likes

Thank you for posting a message on the actual Thread topic :sunny: :wink:

5 Likes

We didn’t get off topic til about 294-296… and I take responsibility.
:airplane::no_entry_sign::seat::girl:t2::girl:t2::girl:t2::girl:t2:
I’ve also learned a lot!
:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It was a gentle and amused poke, hence the :wink:

2 Likes

I did see the winks. But I wanted to use those emojis.

4 Likes

I’m going to be honest. The more I have to plan for this trip the more I am ok with a paid “skip the line” system. We’re going to universal on the same trip and my research for that park consisted of me reading one article that said to wait to buy the express pass until you are at the park and can see if you need it or not, another article that said I could see everything in 3 days, and info on their website that restaurants don’t take reservations. All of that took me about 45 minutes. Disney World on the other hand I have studied more than my major in college.

11 Likes

:laughing:
Me too!

2 Likes

Yes. And this is why I have said before I preferred Disney much more before FPP and FP. It used to be you could just go to Disney and enjoy yourself. Now, it is a huge game.

3 Likes

A huge game that could get a whole lot more complicated with options of paid FPs.

2 Likes

It does make it more complicated initially, which I think could be very intimidating to new guests. But it also allows one to just forget about all the strategies like grab & refresh, RD, FP drops, and just buy the damn things. I don’t want to work on vacation- I want to vacation on vacation!

2 Likes

I’m the opposite. The more I pay, the less I am willing to pay for extras.

6 Likes

The refresh strategy is really not that difficult. Except for getting PPF, I was able to get extra FPs while waiting in line for the previous attraction. But some of the discussion I heard about paid FPs could cause a lot of confusion and strategy. A pot of free FPs and a pot of paid FPs, free ones could be released if people aren’t paying. If that’s the plan, or something close, there will be strategies of how to get the free ones.

1 Like

I know it’s not that difficult, it’s the finding 5 of them at once I’m not looking forward to.

I have 5 in my family as well. It really wasn’t that bad. Breaking up the parties if you can’t get what you want at first helps.

That’s fine. Mine are all set, thanks.

They could end up keeping EMM but do it similar to MK’s where it would only apply to TSL, or everything but SWGE.

They could offer EMM at every park, every single day at peak periods and it would probably sell out (maybe not EPCOT). AK they could literally just offer Pandora plus KS, leaving the right hand side of the park closed.

As someone who comes to WDW once every 3-4 years I would be more than happy to do an EMM, RD 1-2 rides, do my 3 FP’s from 10am - 1pm, leave and come back later for a 4th FP and fireworks.