Rumor: Paid FPs imminent

I don’t assume anyone looks at any website but I did assume that Disney had announced it - how else are they supposed to make money off it?!

2 Likes

They may have announced it in the past, I wouldn’t know about that, but since then it has all been by word of mouth. There is no mention anywhere on their official website, as far as I know. as @Welsh_Dragon said, there is literally nothing in writing.

It’s really weird. That’s why I immediately copied off my list when they sent it to me- I don’t trust them.

3 Likes

Just searched everything I could think of on the WDW site. Nothing there.

However … this is all run by Disney Signature Services. And there we press releases on this at the time.

So anyone booking Club Level would be contacted by DSS and told about this, or even asked at the time of booking if booking by phone. (Except those booking DVC Club Level, who had to contact DSS themselves to find out).

1 Like

This…and then they arrange to call you back a day or two before they are bookable. Oddly the 90 days runs from check out day, rather than check in.

1 Like

It may not directly be on the website, but you can find out about it direct from Disney.

1 Like

That is the same thing with sharing dining credits. When there was an issue a few months ago Disney told me that the mom’s panel is not “official” and basically claimed that all those articles are not press releases.

Edited to add link

2 Likes

This is what the e mail says…

‘Also, we do need to discuss our pilot program over the phone as well.’

Nod, nod, wink, wink😂

1 Like

They can change it any time. I really should have used my voucher…

1 Like

It’s not the fact it is on the Disney moms panel, it’s that they are encouraging you to call the club level services to get more information. It’s not a big secret and anyone can access the info from Disney to obtain it. They just have to call.

I’m not sure I’d consider the Mom’s Panel authoritative, but what it definitely isn’t is advertising. It’s a blog.

We can debate what’s “secret” all day long if you want, but If one goes through the entire reservation process, gets all the tickets, FPs and ADRs, and never once finds out about it unless they read a blog, well, that’s secret to me.

@Nicky_S DSS never said anything to me about it, I had to ask. Of course, CMs in the DSS are of varying levels of knowledge and helpfulness, but all I got from them was a welcome package, which likewise not everyone gets. And it didn’t have anything in it about extra FP.

3 Likes

But it is still being described by WDW as a pilot and they will not tell you about it in writing, only in a telephone call. They don’t tell you about it when you book a CL room but around the 180 day mark when they contact you about ADRs.

2 Likes

Haha, you obviously rank higher up the totem pole than me! No one called me about ADRs, either!

2 Likes

I think I’m just going to leave this one alone and agree to disagree.

We don’t even get this in the UK.

Ok, we’re even.:joy: I guess postage costs more than a phone call to the UK.

1 Like

I am not disagreeing with you, just reporting what I experienced/am experiencing.

1 Like

We got a call from DSS the day after we booked our trip. Then we got a call at 180 asking if we needed any help booking ADR’s. No one ever mentioned anything about additional FPP for purchase.

2 Likes

They can change without notice and they can respond exactly like they did to me:

There does not seem to be an official Disney release of this program, so in theory, it does not exist.

3 Likes

Well how are people able to book them then, if it doesn’t exist?

Wouldn’t that also apply to all the ins and outs of the FP system, if they aren’t explained on the website?

I don’t understand…

Anyway, this was a trial. It obviously works, enough people were willing to pay, on top of the CL prices, for access to extra FPs.

And now it looks like we’re getting the same for all guests, only with a decrease in the number of free FPs.

2 Likes

It was quite funny…they telephoned (after a few failed attemps trying to work out how to call a UK mobile) to ask if they could help with ADRs and I sent them a list of what I wanted. Then they telephoned again to ask for my credit card details as they can’t link to the one registered on MDE. During this conversation they mentioned that DSS opens at 10.00 est. I got cold feet on the day, logged in and booked the ADRs myself when the system opened at 07.00!:joy:

3 Likes