Rumor - Minnie Vans returning?

I don’t really. Not even a little. It’s a joke that started in some other thread on some other day. I just keep the joke alive

6 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’ve seen so many stories this past week that character meet and greets will be returning to normal SOON (almost always all caps), this based on the CFO of the Walt Disney Company saying at a conference that based on cases trending down, meet and greets should be returning to normal soon. Should and soon… yet DFB’s story that I just checked is titled “News: Face to Face Character Meet and Greets Returning Soon”. In my opinion, until a firm date is given there is no news, this is still speculation until an official statement is made by the company.

5 Likes

Here it is

4 Likes

And I enjoy the fact that you do! Seriously, the day that happens was a very stressful day for me, and that whole thread just gave me the distraction I needed.

6 Likes

Oh I remember that thread now!

Thanks.

1 Like

Yes that boat route is sorely missed.

2 Likes

Awww glad we could help brighten your day.

1 Like

hope the rumor is true…the Minnie vans were worth every penny

I can’t say it has never happened but I have never once seen this happen, personally. I have never found any of the claims against WDWNT to be true…quite the opposite. It is possible that they changed their act by the time I started reading from them a few years ago. Often I have found they are the first to break a story, with other sites to follow.

I’ll remind you of one infamous example: his “story” that the Country Bears were being replaced, which even Disney refuted in tweets and called him out directly about and withdrew his accreditation to media events.

On other occasions he would claim to break a story when timestamps would show that other sites had already published the story. There is a reason several news sites ban links to his site.

He has also repeatedly and blatantly taken news that Martin Smith posted on WDWMagic and made them news stories, without crediting him in any way.

And, as @mikejs78 said, he has taken screenshots of the watermarked permits that have been posted on WDWMagic and used them without credit. There was much laughter on the one occasion that he did credit him.

The Minnie Vans are an example of the rumours stated as “CONFIRMED”. Nothing was confirmed by Disney at any point.

4 Likes

And here’s the Minnie Van story as they reported it:

I think that was Tiki Birds and Disney Parks Blog said “a little birdie said…” or something like that….

Then… the Imagineer that was working on the project released his portfolio online when he was let go during the closure. It was about this time that Corless’ Twitter handle changed to “no longer unscrupulous “ or something like that?

Interesting that they can officially “terminate” employees and then bring back the service? Legally woukd it have to be called a new name?

One more and then I will walk away…… what story was it that even Pete Warner called Disney PR for what they said about Corless? It was not the first time, it was just so outrageous? Corless is what he is, and I think it is funny. I don’t think it is funny when Disney or their employees continue to feed stories to blogs and pretend they don’t.

See that’s the issue though with Corless. Imagineers work on a ton of concepts that don’t even get close to reaching the light of day… for example there have been several different concepts for a JIYI replacement - some involving Figment, some involving the characters from Inside Out, etc. That have been posted by imagineers over the years - yet none have happened. I don’t think that the concept art showing up vindicated him at all.

And again, that’s secondary to me. My biggest issue with him is his using other people’s stuff without proper attribution. That tells you a bit about his character, IMO.

Is this the uncredited user?

Does the user work for this company or is it just the info.

(I did a search for permits and this is the 1st thing that popped up). Is it quoted without permission or have they changed their practice?

That’s the user. No, he doesn’t work for that company. He’s just a fan who does the work of going through the government databases looking for permits and then posts them.

Glad to see he’s changed his practice. There were a number of incidents in the past where he had not credited Daniel, and @Nicky_S can attest to them.

I work for a member based organization and every now and then an unexpected issue will pop up and derail other important things we are working on. Sometimes we are derailed by real emergencies. But sometimes it is much . . . less. . . than an emergency.

I call that getting “Country Bear Jamboreed” Because you know the people who work the phones and in public relatations did not think that was what they were going to have to deal with that week.

2 Likes

It was the comments about Chapek being too afraid to go D23 and Disney took a bat to them for that - if I recall correctly.

1 Like

I love it! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like