Rumor. Frontierland Shooting Arcade to be replaced with DVC Lounge (UPDATE: Gone Construction walls up)

I’m told that one of the motivations for this is to reduce the risk of Cast Member injury.

The exact words I got were “teenagers and gasoline don’t mix.”

6 Likes

I wonder what an 8 hour shift breathing that exhaust all day does to one’s lungs over the course of a few months? Can’t be good…

Toss in the potential for noise reduction as well and it is a wonder they never did this before.

3 Likes

And brain, TBH.

4 Likes

It took them over 50 years to figure this out?

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like Disney has plans for electric cars at Tommorrowland Speedway. From the same LA times reporter

If the rumors about them bringing the Cars ride to MK is true, it seems the Tomorrowland Speedway is kind of redundant. That’s a decent sized plot if land for them to do something else with.

(Article is paywall protected, so can’t read it)

Did I miss the final day announcement. I know @len talked about doing a last day Liner gathering

It’s today, right? I got my last shots in this past weekend.

I’m sure there’ll be other stuff closing soon for which we should do a meet. I’m sure Animation Courtyard has enough space for all of us.

3 Likes

It closed at the end of yesterday, June 23.

Kind of sad to see an opening day attraction just fade away

1 Like

I honestly don’t know that I’ve ever stepped foot in the Frontierland Shooting Arcade. Always kept meaning to. Guess I lost out!

I went to MK for the first time in 1976 with my parents. I don’t remember specifically, but my guess is we went to the shooting arcade because my dad liked them and we always stopped if an amusement park had one. Never went again as an adult.

2 Likes

Since they had one at every amusement park and half the malls growing up I never felt the need to spend any time on that at WDW. The kids were always placated with a “we can do that next time we go to Cedar Point/Bass Pro/etc” too.

1 Like