RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

Do we know the protocol for if your BG is called during a TS reservation? The last time my group was called I was cracking crabs at Cape May cafe and had to rush out because it said I had 1 hour to get there (plus I wanted to make the fireworks in MK after).
This trip I’m going to try to book a topolinos breakfast but if I get an early BG I don’t want to rush out of there and ruin my meal. Are they forgiving?

1 Like

Yes, a family arrived 8 hours late for their BG and got in. I never made it at all today b/c I didn’t want to drive in the rain :wink:

3 Likes

Yep, arrive anytime. The CM’s just chuckle and say, “hmmm, you’re just a little bit late” and then mumbles, “must be one of them liners” :joy:

3 Likes

In December, our BG was called as we were walking to our H&V lunch reservation. Immediately following the lunch reservation, we had a Droid Depot reservation. We asked at H&V check in and they told us to enjoy our lunch, go to our DD reservation, but keep our receipts so that the CMs at the front of RotR queue could see the time stamp. We did this, showed up for RotR a couple hours late and said “We’re late for our boarding group but…” and before I could even explain the CM laughed “Well I guess you can’t join the resistance if you’re late!” He was laughing so I knew he was joking but DS is on the spectrum and 100% doesn’t get sarcasm, so he started to get panicky. The CM just kept laughing and said “No no, the resistance needs all the help we can get, go on in recruits!” They never even looked at the receipts or cared about our excuses, they just scanned us in and off we went joking aside.

5 Likes

They’ve been very consistent about not caring how late you are for your boarding group window. We just considered it a “no earlier than” time. I wouldn’t push it too late in the day unnecessarily just because there’s always an outside chance of ride issues, but no one has reported any push back on being late.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks everyone. Makes me wish I had relaxed and enjoyed my meal. Especially now that cape may cafe is not the same anymore. I won’t be rushing this time to get back. I wish my waitress had told me that but I guess she didn’t know. She just gave me a sad look.

I think the ONLY CMs that know you’ll be let into your BG if you are late are the CMs at the ride. The other day I had two CMs in the park tell me, “Once your BG is called you will have X-mins to get there” Even MDE gives you a time limit.

I suspect it helps their ride flow to give people the impression they need to stick with the 1 hour window so it would probably undermine that if they publicly made it a policy.

Both times when we walked up last month, the initial question was “Has your BG been called?” “Yes” “Can I see your BG?” (Just for one person in our party.). My phone struggled to load MDE the second visit. The CM finally just waved us to the next station, where they scanned our magic bands. No need to even discuss being late really.

2 Likes

…and I think they do need to be flexible at the ride b/c they don’t always load based off your initial time given and ppl do make ADRs and shouldn’t have to cancel them to be ‘on time’ for a ride that frequently shuts down :wink:

1 Like

OK… 2x days in a row no BG b/c app spun too long looking for my group… it’s just me Disney!! :rage: I don’t know how to fix that? All BGs gone in less than 5 seconds.

when I cancelled HS pk res it didn’t hesitate :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It’s time to move on from this BG system…

3 Likes

On Monday, we had the same thing happen, both at the 7AM and 1PM. 3 people trying. We got BG11 the first day we tried using the same method. Seemed strange to me. We had already ridden, so we were not too upset.

1 Like

Yes… this for us/me too, but it’s still upsetting that it feels off. I’m glad you got to ride and 11 ?!? Nice!!!

1 Like

Did you try pushing Join like 2-3 minutes ahead of time? That way the app does its spinning during the trial run and usually doesn’t spin when you actually apply for real.

1 Like

If you do that you get a message that the virtual boarding group opens at 0700. I watch the clock, knowing my phone is 0.00023 sec. fast, click at 0659:59. That has worked in the past but not the past two days. When I’m in the park, I click on join the moment my phone changes to 1:00 since I know it runs fast. Someone here posted a way to check your time on your phone, that’s how I know it runs fast/ahead.

1 Like

I think the app fetches some data the first time you try to access your party’s information in a session. That’s what is causing it to spin at 7. Another way to get the caching out of the way is to click on Friends and Family a few minutes before.

1 Like

ok… thanks, I’ll try that next time. The BG is my determining factor for the morning: “Am I going or not?” The BG denial helped me avoid having to think about the mask issue, but that’s gone now :slight_smile:

2 Likes