RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

I’ll definitely report back.

We were there in 2019 when it opened, but it broke down when our BG was called and we had a flight to catch so couldn’t hang around. I really hope we get on this time.

4 Likes

I hope you do too - more than once!

1 Like

:astonished:

1 Like

The Touringplans blog has been reporting that yesterday was the slowest day at HS in the past 30 days with low wait times at all attractions. Could be the winter slowdown has hit combined with increased reliability of RotR.

2 Likes

Another day with the 1pm window open for almost an hour!

4 Likes

Well it was nice while it lasted. Looks like today the 1pm window wasn’t open very long. The fact that the dot is solid means they were probably distributing more than a few seconds - maybe even a full minute! But not an hour as in the last three days. Maybe cause it’s a weekend?

1 Like

Any new numbers from last week?

1 Like

I’ll have to put together an update! But in short, RotR has been operating consistently in the “excellent” range based on historical averages. Some minor hiccups / delays notwithstanding.

Is that caveat kind of like how everything in the store is UP TO 85% off? :wink:

1 Like

Excellent! What about the 1PM window? Are BG’s going immediately or open for longer during the week? I know you were trying to determine if the weekday/weekend has anything to do with how quickly these go at 1PM.

1 Like

It looks like the 1pm BG window has gone back to infinitesimal after a few promising days a couple weeks ago. But it’s still worth sticking around till 1pm to try! 2x the chances = 2x the likelihood of success! (I actually think the 1pm slot will still be a slightly better chance than 7am most days due to all the people who are leaving the park).

2 Likes

I was BG 65 today and interesting side bar. Checking in they put me in the DAS cue after seeing my cane? They asked if I had DAS ( yes) and put me in a different line. BTW they have a way to open doors wider too which really helped my exit navigation. Oh, and I had less than an hour to board once notified.

And., this is only the second time a rode it. LOVE IT! So much I didn’t remember from a year ago.

3 Likes

I’ve been on it three times now, and each time there was something I hadn’t noticed before in my previous ride. There is just so much to look at, you can’t possibly see it all in one ride through!

2 Likes

Oh at 1:16 they announced with the BIG voice that rotr cue was full. I happed to see the time as the announcement was made

1 Like

My husband has never been. We’re going to try again on Friday on his furlough day

1 Like

You mean the BG distribution was open for 16 minutes? That’s a good sign!

1 Like

Yes the afternoon cue closed after 16 min. It feels pretty crowded in certain areas here today

1 Like

Glad you got to ride again! Just 4 more months until I finally can! :crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

Hmmm…it’s not showing up in the thrill data?

1 Like

Sometimes it take a bit for data to load there. But it might have closed well before the announcement. Who knows.

1 Like