RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

Yes the afternoon cue closed after 16 min. It feels pretty crowded in certain areas here today

1 Like

Glad you got to ride again! Just 4 more months until I finally can! :crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

Hmmm…it’s not showing up in the thrill data?

1 Like

Sometimes it take a bit for data to load there. But it might have closed well before the announcement. Who knows.

1 Like

I’ll have to check back at that just in case.

Yeah that was my thought too.

1 Like

Oh that’s possible… I want trying. I had just got off my BG

1 Like

It’s been a few months since I’ve updated my RotR stats! For the most part, things have been great, so I haven’t felt the need to. There were a few days along the way where things went horribly awry.

Note: Make sure check out this great thread by @bebe80 for step by step instructions on getting a BG!

Processing Rates

RotR’s operations have been relatively steady since late December at 16 BGs/hr. A “bad day” is now between 10-15 BGs/hour, which used to be above average. You can see one day in early March when they processed less than 10/hr. They’ve had one day over 20. (There is also what is clearly an outlier that goes off the chart to almost 50, so I cut that off. :joy:)

Delays

This last week was not as good as late December for downtime, but still much better than early on in the post-COVID reopening. The fact that processing rates have remained high implies that the plexiglass and other operational efficiencies are helping even when there’s downtime.

Week Delays / day Min / delay Total downtime
July 15th 4.4 37 1150 min
Oct 1st 2.6 29 530 min
Oct 14th 2.4 29 500 min
Nov 9th 2.7 28 525 min
Dec 22nd 1.1 29 230 min
Mar 19th 1.7 28 340 min

Downtime

The “median” downtime is now around 5%, but there are still some days where it pops above 10 or even 20%. (note: this may capture cleaning cycles since a “delay” is measured as any time a new BG is not called for more than 15 min).

I’ll probably do one or two more of these in a couple of months to see if they ever eliminate those “bad days.” But overall I think they’re doing a great job. It’s definitely more reliable than Test Track or other older rides with operational issues.

5 Likes

Clearly you are worth the consulting fee that you are paid on this.

Oh, wait…

4 Likes

What happens to that red line on the bottom chart if you start the chart from, say, Jan 1, 2021? It appears it would be trending up, not down?

Yep it’s been “trending” up if you just look at March, but January - Feb was really good. I think there have just been some anomalies this month so I’ll give it another month before I call that a trend.

All it takes is a few bad days to distort the trend.

It’s not good to be in HS on a bad day. One, you may not be able to experience Rise. Two, all the wait times increase across the park. A crowd level 2 turns into a 4, because Rise handles so many people when it’s running good,

2 Likes

On top of the 7am MDE glitch, RotR did not have a good day…:grimacing:

https://touringplans.com/blog/2021/04/14/rise-of-the-resistance-has-titanic-bad-day-disney-world-wait-times-for-wednesday-april-14-2021/

2 Likes

I don’t like that …

1 Like

But you DID like it…I know I know you just can’t help yourself :man_shrugging::joy::joy:

4 Likes

You know me! :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

RotR had a great week last week, but this week has been awful.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that TP estimates about 50 people per BG. On a good day, it gets to 180 BGs, thus servicing 9000 guests. Unless something drastically changes, there are going to be a lot of unhappy guests that can’t get a BG when things get back to normal. There are a lot now at only 35% capacity.

1 Like

Disneyland RotR is doing pretty good. It had called more BGs than WDW at 4pm west coast time despite being 3 hours behind.

https://twitter.com/thrilldata/status/1394074265436266499?s=21

2 Likes

Do you have any theories about why this might be?

My #1 theory is that BGs are a different size at DL. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: #2 is that they’ve learned some things from WDW and fixed while the ride was down.

Good theory.

1 Like