RotR on 12/5, 12/6, or 12/7?

I’m thinking it will be very memorable!

1 Like

Thank you!

We had a VIP tour booked for the primary purpose of RotR and just found out that it is NOT included in the VIP tour :frowning: So, now we are facing a similar dilemma. We arrive on 12/5 at 8:00am and thinking of heading over and just getting in line. We have MVMCP that night so as long as we can still make it over to MK by 6 we should be fine.
I am most worried about the ride going down frequently so we have shifted all of our plans to allow a try each day, if needed. And if opening day is just too chaotic, we still have a few more days we can try.

1 Like

In August the crowds were dramatically, noticeably different for Batuu as a whole and the MF ride on opening day afternoon and Day 2. But who knows now! The opening day energy was definitely fun even though we skipped the lining up at 2am energy. I think your opening day ADR plans are good. But mostly I just wanted to say I’m happy you’re finally there and glad you’re off to a good start!

@DisneyDayDreamin, that sucks about it not being included in the VIP tour. I hope it works out on 12/5 for you, and/or on subsequent days.

1 Like

I hope you guys have a great trip! Have fun!

Given that (and the risk of the ride going down), I would go for opening day and have 12/6 as a back-up option. But I wouldn’t go in this planning on a couple hour wait in line. My own guess is the line will be 3.5 to 4 hours and I wouldn’t be surprised if it were 5 hours. I’d plan on much longer lines and then be pleasantly surprised if the line was shorter.

3 Likes

That is so frustrating!

nothing like redoing all of my plans less than a week out! Oh well, we will still have a fabulous time

3 Likes

So stressful. But yes you will still have a fabulous time–it’s Disney!!

2 Likes

I would think they would use the boarding pass system like they did in August. While people waited for several hours, they were able to do other things.

This is why I kept @DisneyDayDreamin ‘s reservation for the VIP tour — thanks again! — because I expect all the other HS attractions to be insane, including MFSR. The Plaid tour won’t get us on RoTR so I’m working on a plan, but I at least can be certain of everything else, which is a lot! HS has certainly gone from being a half-day park to a multiple day park…

1 Like

Sorry, been busy these last few days and haven’t gotten the computer out. So I’ve definitely decided we are going for it on 12/5, but I’m still undecided on whether to RD or rely on the ADR. I haven’t heard anything about them using the boarding passes again, but I am assuming they will. Anyone know? @Nicky_S you usually have an idea about these sorts of things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I did just read on BoM on Facebook that they are staffing HS for a 6am open, but as of now, less than 48 hours out, opening is still posted as 8am.

1 Like

Well there’s this news, in case you haven’t seen it:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance/news/27nov2019-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-will-not-be-part-of-extra-magic-hours.htm

So using EMH as a strategy is unclear; you could use it to do the other stuff and then hope to do RotR later on. Or bite the bullet and just get in line so you can be amongst the first to ride it when it does open. But again, there will be people arriving early, and they may start letting people in 2 hours before to line up.

The virtual queue could be used, either to get into GE itself, or presumably for just RotR if the Land itself isn’t packed.

The real issue is the reliability of the ride. If there is downtime it seems it takes a while to get it back up again, so planning to leave it until late in the day isn’t a great plan IMO.

Given the relatively lacklustre opening of Galaxy’s Edge it’s difficult to predict. It is the first version to open this time, that may draw the crowds, especially since POP Warner is on that weekend. But I admit I was totally taken aback by the lack of the manic opening I had expected, so feel free to take my opinion with a pinch of salt. :joy:

1 Like

Late to this, but go and enjoy the chaos!

I have a tour booked for 12/16, and looks like VIP guides still won’t have access to the new attraction. I hope that changes and they are just telling guests that to lower expectations. :crossed_fingers:t2:

We do have a backup plan, but I’m a little bummed! It’s wild they still don’t have Fastpass access on either coast!

1 Like

I have a VIP tour 12/8 and they not only made it clear at booking that RotR is not included but a CM called me a couple of days later to make certain I knew that RotR is not included.

1 Like

@dunegirl have you decided what you are going to do? As of right now, we are going to try to get there around 8 and see if we can get in with our ADR (9:10).

If I was on my own, I’d probably get up super early and go, but with a 4 and 7 year old, plus a husband, that just doesn’t seem viable.

We think we’ve decided to get there at around 4am. It’s just myself and my DM so no littles to worry about. Gonna keep the Oga’s just in case I think. I’m ok eating the $20 no show fee if need be. Good luck!

2 Likes

How early are you thinking they will actually open the gates?

No earthly idea. There have been some conflicting reports on chat.

1 Like

Debating the same thing, don’t think I can get DW on board to get up so early

1 Like