ROTR not operating today

Didn’t someone ask about ROTR reliability a few days ago.

If so, they are a JINX!

3 Likes

Somebody did but then weren’t some others talking about how they skipped the first part of the ride or something? I wonder if this has to do with that?

I feel sorry for the CMs who will have to deal with angry people who can’t ride today.

5 Likes

That was me.

Oops.

4 Likes

Ok now discuss something positive like the plexi coming off the rides, or more restaurant openings, package delivery from the parks to resorts coming back! :wink:

5 Likes

4 Likes

That’s my cat :smiley:

4 Likes

Tusker House is for sure going to be open for my birthday
And fireworks on the Fourth of July
And Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is coming back too.

(I added that last one in because I think the other two have already been pre-conjured and I can’t take credit for them)

7 Likes

Since they don’t really need the relaxation station anymore, I don’t see why they couldn’t bring back the stunt show. Even with distancing, that is a huge auditorium and would alleviate some crowds. I could see it coming back without the audience participation though. Not sure how easy it would be to “write out” that part of the show. Or just plant CMs in the audience.

4 Likes

Any rumors out there regarding why ROTR is down? Anyone think this is a multi-day thing? Makes me nervous as we’ll be there in 12 days

3 Likes

The major concern about bringing back shows safely has always been the CM and the space available to social distance including backstage areas.

Not sure how it will work with the latest changes in Covid protocols.

Pretty sure the Indy show cast are unionized and the safety protocols are negotiated with the union.

1 Like

Yeah but now that most, if not nearly all, adults have had the chance to get the vaccine, I don’t really see that as an issue anymore. I know there are unions involved and such, but still. THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

ETA: Can you tell I’m bitter about missing Beauty and the Beast? I’m very bitter indeed.

6 Likes

I know how you feel, I miss Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was some people on here very recently who reported when they went on it the first part of the ride was skipped over. And it was on two different days. So maybe it has to do with that. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I just hope this means it will be more reliable when I’m there next week! I feel so bad for people who had their only HS day today. :cry:

9 Likes

Especially if they were teased with getting a BG this morning.

I did read on chat that those who went to guest services were given a BG for their party for another day.

6 Likes

Well that could snowball pretty quickly, now, couldn’t it?

3 Likes

Yes, not just today in guest services, but for the rest of the week and weekend for those visiting HS, and that is assuming RotR is back online.

One other thing I read was that the distancing dots in Rey’s room were removed and CMs were telling guests to “fill all the available space”. So maybe some of the social distancing things are being removed from the queue and ride vehicles. Won’t find out an answer to that until tomorrow.

2 Likes

I take this as a good sign that Disney thinks it will reopen tomorrow. It will cause short-term supply issues, but I’m sure most people either didn’t care enough to go to GS or are already planning to try another day anyway. Or are leaving and wouldn’t be able to use one. At this point I would bet a majority of riders are not experiencing RotR for the first time.

4 Likes

Len: “The cause of the outage wasn’t clear, but it seems like Rise has been having technical issues for over a week, resulting in long delays between calling boarding groups. Maybe today was the day they decided enough was enough, and closed the ride to fix the problem.”
https://touringplans.com/blog/what-happens-at-the-studios-without-rise-of-the-resistance-disney-world-wait-times-for-thursday-may-20-2021/

3 Likes

I do recall them having a similar issue when I was there 1.5 years ago. The whole mechanism to rotate the shuttle the seems to be an ongoing issue.

It is not the same when you skip over the whole first part of the attraction.

2 Likes