RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

We get in the afternoon of the 5th so could go to HS EMH that evening, but it’s a CL 10 that day so I think we’ll stay away. We have first half day of 1/7 and all day 1/9 scheduled at HS so that should be plenty of time. Pending BG weirdness. Plus evening of 1/6 but that’s irrelevant to BG.

Hmmm…if Boardwalk Bakery opens at 630am, probably going to need to skip that for 7am opening to hope for earlyish BG. Would be nice to get ROTR out of the way in the 7th to give us more flexibility on the 9th…

1 Like

I really want a morning BG so I am going to shoot for an early arrival. I might be taking along a Disney first timer. I hope he can handle it lol

2 Likes

I would prepare for an afternoon BG as well just in case, as it seems to be entirely up to luck with these kind of crowds. I was in the park way ahead of opening, refreshing my phone frantically and thought I was quick, but got BG 50. That would’ve been around noon at said date if the ride hadn’t gone down.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I understand what the difference is between a backup BG and a BG. If they didn’t call them that, wouldn’t it come to the same end?

1 Like

I have a feeling it’s more about managing guest expectations than anything else. By getting a backup BG, you’re clear from the start that you may not get to ride and there will be no compensation if you don’t get to.

6 Likes

Oh no what happened to this thread?

1 Like

You can find the summarized data here:

2 Likes

I don’t want to add clutter to Steve’s thread, so here are a couple of charts:

• Min = the lowest they have called (Dec. 5 - Dec .29)
  • Max = the highest they have called (Dec. 5 - Dec. 29)
  • Avg(All) = the average BG called (Dec. 5 - Dec. 29)
  • Avg(7Day) = the average BG called over the past 7 days (Dec. 23 - Dec. 29)

This is the start of the BG for the last 7 days from opening until close. Each line is a different day of the week (e.g. BG_23 - Dec 23, BG_24 = Dec. 24, etc…)

4 Likes

I will still update the lead post with tips and summary information but I’m no longer tracking the day to day data since Steve from TP is doing it at the thread linked above. Liners can keep posting their real life experiences here for additional context!

2 Likes

Thanks for your contributions as well. I enjoy seeing the data crunched in various ways!

1 Like

@Shellott_hill This is great data! Small usability suggestion? Maybe the x-axis could be time relative to park opening rather than a static time to make the data more comparable across days? The data is super useful as is, but that would be the gray stuff on the cupcake!

I’m sure the answer is somewhere above, but what is the recommended mode of transportation from Pop if I want to be at HS around 6AM on a 7AM opening?

1 Like

Your own car or uber/lyft

2 Likes

Something else that I’m sure has been answered: how much time should I expect RotR to take, from entering queue to finish? I have a busy evening so I’m thinking a backup BG is not a good plan for me - Savi’s at 4, Oga’s at 4:45, Sci-Fi at 5:30, TOT FP at 6:30 (only chance to ride), and SW Dessert Party.

2 Likes

I can’t answer your question since I have not been to RotR yet, but just wanted to say … you are going to have a blast with that schedule!

And while I can’t answer the question, I have seen reports ranging from 45 minutes to 2 hours with most seeming to be in the 60-90 minute range. Others who have been on the ride should be able to given you better advice.

3 Likes

as you wish…

I have time shifted all boarding group data. The first value for each day is the highest BG when the ride started calling BGs (this is now time zero for each day).

First chart: Every day since Dec 5,2019…:stuck_out_tongue: (Good luck pulling the values apart!)

Second chart: The last 7 days (Dec. 24 - Dec. 30)

Third Chart: Min/Max/Avg

where:

• Min = the lowest they have called (Dec. 5 - Dec .30)
  • Max = the highest they have called (Dec. 5 - Dec. 30)
  • Avg(All) = the average BG called (Dec. 5 - Dec. 30)
  • Avg(7Day) = the average BG called over the past 7 days (Dec. 24 - Dec. 30)

Interesting observation: The last 3-days in a row, they called the last BG at 7:05pm.

2 Likes

As long as the ride doesn’t break down (which it has been doing less and less lately), from the time you enter the queue to the time you exit the ride should be no more than an hour. Early in the morning (maybe before 9am), the process sometimes takes as little as 25-30 minutes because people don’t report all at the same time and they haven’t filled the queue yet.

1 Like

Oga’s often clears late – although as a party of 1 you may be ok. You should go there right after your light saber to get in line and check-in.

4 Likes

Breaking the 200 BG barrier today!!! Yippee! Go, Resistance Fighters!!!

3 Likes

Looks like we are settling in on a BG rate. Today’s rate seemed to match that of Dec. 29 (white is today and light blue is Dec. 29).

Here are the min/max/average values…

and the 7 day average BG in table form showing highest BG called at 30 minute intervals from RotR opening.

TIME AVG(7Day)
0:00 14
0:30 27
1:00 31
1:30 35
2:00 39
2:30 43
3:00 48
3:30 54
4:00 60
4:30 65
5:00 68