RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Anyone had success with obtaining BG for larger groups 6 to 10+?

1 Like

If that was the senario I was trying to do, then I would do RD for RotR to get a BG. Instead of using the app to get a BG, I would go up to one of the CMs with the tablet and ask if they could give you a later BG.

Maybe even get a BG on the app, then head over to one of the CMs and ask if you could get a later group.

Then head off to AK for RD.

I am going in January as well, but instead of trying this, I moved my FoP FPP to mid day.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t heard of any issues with this. Worst case scenario, you could split your party and apply for a BG one half at a time and you might be a BG or two apart, but they should be called close together.

For those who have done the early arrival, any reason I shouldnā€™t bring a stroller? Would it put me at any kind of disadvantage?

2 Likes

Back on.

13 Likes

Very mild disadvantage as far as getting through security and tapstiles, but as long as you are early and apply for a BG as soon as you are through tapstiles, you will still get a low BG and after that there is no further need to rush.

1 Like

We have 8 so planning to grab all at once or split 4x2 sounds like the plan. Curious to see what mid-January is going to look like.

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate you and everybody elseā€™s contributions.

I canā€™t wait to post my details on Monday!

2 Likes

Yay!!

1 Like

No, you cannot walk to DHS from AoA.

Depending on your BG number that may or may not work. Iā€™d be afraid of not getting back in time for my BG unless I received a likely afternoon or evening BG. As much as I love FOP, why not do some combo of SDD, RnR, ToT, MFSR and TSMM instead of having the stress of trying to make it back on time?

3 Likes

I almost hate to ask but itā€™s been 2 hours - did you make it through this time?

1 Like

My concern is that with his British accent, the might have confused him for being part of the Empire.

4 Likes

Yeah, got the full run through the second time.

5 Likes

Awesome! Must be a relief having that under your belt. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

On a separate note, look at this beautiful curve: :heart_eyes:

Regardless of where the day goes from here, this was an awesome afternoon for the ride reliability (morning, not so much). More runs like this, please!

4 Likes

I have a crazy idea. Iā€™m at MVMCP till close with DNephews and DSiL. We all leave tomorrow afternoon, they will sleep in.

I ā€˜m thinking of going to get on early RotR. Maybe nap for an hour or two. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Iā€™m already packed, so I can shower, load the car, and head to HS maybe 5am?

@Jeff_AZ , iā€™ve not been able to follow today due to nephew management, and fun. (Iā€™m writing from Gastonā€™s during a snack break). What time would you advise I arrive at HS ā€” I would drive ā€” to be at the front, based on what we know to-date?

2 Likes

If you want to be at the front, arrive between 5am - 5:30am. The earlier in that window the better, but not much benefit to arriving earlier than that. Donā€™t give up hope if you canā€™t arrive till 6am either, but I wouldnā€™t risk it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a 10x Goofy Challenge, 2x Dopey Challenge, 1x Two Course Challenge. Getting up at 3am at Disney is my Normal :grin:

Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Got there at 6.20am. Got a BG at 6.45am. BG 35. Worth it? We gave it 7 out of 10. Itā€™s ambitious in scope and there are some impressive set-pieces. But it doesnā€™t wow me like FOP does.

6 Likes

Hours for DHS have been updated to 6am for 12/26-31, 7am through 1/4:

December:

January:

2 Likes