RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Anyone had success with obtaining BG for larger groups 6 to 10+?

1 Like

If that was the senario I was trying to do, then I would do RD for RotR to get a BG. Instead of using the app to get a BG, I would go up to one of the CMs with the tablet and ask if they could give you a later BG.

Maybe even get a BG on the app, then head over to one of the CMs and ask if you could get a later group.

Then head off to AK for RD.

I am going in January as well, but instead of trying this, I moved my FoP FPP to mid day.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of any issues with this. Worst case scenario, you could split your party and apply for a BG one half at a time and you might be a BG or two apart, but they should be called close together.

For those who have done the early arrival, any reason I shouldn’t bring a stroller? Would it put me at any kind of disadvantage?

2 Likes

Back on.

13 Likes

Very mild disadvantage as far as getting through security and tapstiles, but as long as you are early and apply for a BG as soon as you are through tapstiles, you will still get a low BG and after that there is no further need to rush.

1 Like

We have 8 so planning to grab all at once or split 4x2 sounds like the plan. Curious to see what mid-January is going to look like.

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate you and everybody else’s contributions.

I can’t wait to post my details on Monday!

2 Likes

Yay!!

1 Like

No, you cannot walk to DHS from AoA.

Depending on your BG number that may or may not work. I’d be afraid of not getting back in time for my BG unless I received a likely afternoon or evening BG. As much as I love FOP, why not do some combo of SDD, RnR, ToT, MFSR and TSMM instead of having the stress of trying to make it back on time?

3 Likes

I almost hate to ask but it’s been 2 hours - did you make it through this time?

1 Like

My concern is that with his British accent, the might have confused him for being part of the Empire.

4 Likes

Yeah, got the full run through the second time.

5 Likes

Awesome! Must be a relief having that under your belt. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

On a separate note, look at this beautiful curve: :heart_eyes:

Regardless of where the day goes from here, this was an awesome afternoon for the ride reliability (morning, not so much). More runs like this, please!

4 Likes

I have a crazy idea. I’m at MVMCP till close with DNephews and DSiL. We all leave tomorrow afternoon, they will sleep in.

I ‘m thinking of going to get on early RotR. Maybe nap for an hour or two. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m already packed, so I can shower, load the car, and head to HS maybe 5am?

@Jeff_AZ , i’ve not been able to follow today due to nephew management, and fun. (I’m writing from Gaston’s during a snack break). What time would you advise I arrive at HS — I would drive — to be at the front, based on what we know to-date?

2 Likes

If you want to be at the front, arrive between 5am - 5:30am. The earlier in that window the better, but not much benefit to arriving earlier than that. Don’t give up hope if you can’t arrive till 6am either, but I wouldn’t risk it.

3 Likes

I’m a 10x Goofy Challenge, 2x Dopey Challenge, 1x Two Course Challenge. Getting up at 3am at Disney is my Normal :grin:

Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Got there at 6.20am. Got a BG at 6.45am. BG 35. Worth it? We gave it 7 out of 10. It’s ambitious in scope and there are some impressive set-pieces. But it doesn’t wow me like FOP does.

6 Likes

Hours for DHS have been updated to 6am for 12/26-31, 7am through 1/4:

December:

January:


2 Likes