RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Thanks!

Today was another bad day for operations with lots of downtime. The good news is that I believe they issued fewer BGs - maybe 90 compared to 115 yesterday, and they got pretty close to 90 by the end of the day. The bad news is there are a lot of people who were evacuated who have FP that will likely be honored tomorrow, even if there are few whose BG was dropped.

Tomorrow is the first day with 7am opening. I’m very interested to see what happens. Will they open at 7am sharp? Or 6:30am as they have been? Or even earlier? I would bet on 6am opening.

I recommend arriving by 6am at the latest - 5am if you have the stamina. You will not regret the time investment in the morning if you are able to ride all rides by 10am and also knock out RotR.

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Yes, it was, but with the 7am park opening, then we’ll have to see how that changes things. This was already a busy morning, as it seems word is getting out about how early you have to arrive.

On the other hand, there weren’t a whole lot of boarding groups distributed today. So, I’d guess there’ll be more groups given out on Thursday.

2 Likes

I’m thinking they’ll just stick with the 6:30 AM that seems to have been “normal” for a couple days, but we’ll see in a few hours!

2 Likes

Here Thursday morning. Uber picked us up at SSG at 5:57 and dropped us off at 6:10. Walked up to bag check. In line at 6:14. Opened at 6:35. Assigned group 32. Toy Story mania was a walk on at 6:55.

5 Likes

Thanks MarkHarder for the update. So they still opened at 6:30 am, so the official posted time, so far doesn’t mean a lot

2 Likes

What thoughts do you have about EMH on Sunday being moved to 9-11pm?

1 Like

Disney said RoR won’t be running during EMH so there is no benefit in that sense, plus most people from the hotel are going to stay in the park, so I don’t really see a real benefit about easily riding everthing else either.

I think EMH works in the morning because no everyone is willing to wake up that early on their vacation

2 Likes

There is some truth to that…but if you look at the actual numbers on wait times for rides, you see there is a significant drop-off as you go into the evenings…so I think a great deal many people also leave early, which gives some benefit to evening EMH as well for those who are night owls.

3 Likes

Day 8 Timeline 12/12/19
Link to OP

5:25am @Sorcerers_Apprentice arrives at HS
5:28am @HalfBludPrincess through security held at tapstiles
5:36am @Leem22 arrives at HS
5:43am Leem through security held at tapstiles
5:45am @fritty arrives at HS
6:35am Park opens
6:39am HBP and SA through tapstiles - BG 14
6:42am Leem through tapstiles - BG 25
6:44am Fritty through tapstiles - BG 29
6:45am Accepting BGs 1-11
7:00am Published park opening; Twitter user (arrived 6:10am) reports BG 54
7:03am Twitter user (arrived 6:15am) reports BG 65
7:07am DIS user (arrived 6:36am) reports BG 72
7:10am Accepting BGs 1-25
7:15am MDE stops issuing BGs
7:25am Ride down
8:25am Ride back up; HBP and SA (BG 14) join queue
8:45am Accepting BGs 12-28
9:25am HBP completes ride
9:35am SA completes ride
10:00am Accepting BGs 25-37
11:00am Accepting BGs 30-47
12:00pm Accepting BGs 37-55
1:00pm Accepting BGs 49-63
2:00pm Accepting BGs 56-67
3:00pm Accepting BGs 64-70
3:35pm Ride down
4:00pm Accepting BGs 68-73
4:35pm Ride back up
5:00pm Accepting BGs 72-75
6:00pm Accepting BGs 74-88
7:00pm Accepting BGs 76-91
8:00pm Accepting BGs 89-91 (last BG called)
9:00pm Published park closing

9 Likes

Jeff_AZ thanks for keeping us informed, I need this, we are flying on Saturday.

1 Like

Me too! I need to pack. :woman_facepalming: And also wrap all the Christmas presents because we get back on the 22nd and I feel like I’m not going to want to do everything on the 23rd…

2 Likes

I think it was a smart move by Disney. It removes the whole mess of “when do you start issuing boarding passes” on EMH mornings. Sounds like Sunday was a fiasco. And even if ROTR isn’t officially running during that time, I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep it up if they haven’t cleared the boarding groups for the day.

2 Likes

No FPs during EMH means wait times are going to fall even if a lot of people stay in the park. I am curious about the effect on MFSR, was there any recent example of night EMH for a main attraction that never has FPs to compare to?

1 Like

Same here! We go end of January and I really hope I don’t have to get the family up at 6am

2 Likes

Good luck with that mer521, mine is already prepared to wake up at 5 am lol

This day at HS, plus the AK after-hours visit, is going to interfere with our ability to rop drop Hagrids for at least 2 days

2 Likes

It was a long time ago (2012) when I was last at PM EMH at DHS so things may be very different now, but back then, the ride lines were short for Tot and RnR and walk-on for ST.

2 Likes

I’ll need all the luck i can get lol. I guess the bright side is the day after HS is a down day for us so we can just take it easy

2 Likes

The good news … you likely won’t have to get the family up at 6:00 am. The bad news … you probably will need to get the family up at 5:00 am.

9 Likes

Good one Davej lol

1 Like

Ha! Guess I’ll be bribing all members of the family with starbucks and cake pops that morning

3 Likes