RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Our Tuesday morning at HS:

Arrived parking lot at 5:30
In line for tapstiles at 5:40.
Tapstiles open at 6:32
Through at 6:33.
Boarding group immediately there after number 12
Entered MFSR queue at 6:45 (posted stand by 25 mins)
Boarding group fir RotR called at 6:50
7:05 off MF
Entered RotR queue at 7:15
At 7:38 we might be experiencing ride stoppage
Exited ride at 8:00 am

5 Likes

Thanks! I added your key events to today’s timeline.

You’re welcome! I’m still enjoying myself as I comb across the internet for data. :slight_smile:

It’s been a rough morning so far - 3 breakdowns in 5 hours. The ride has only operated about 2.5 hours since 9am. I heard on Disney Dish podcast that Hagrid’s ran at 50% downtime over the summer - I think it’s clear RotR is not nearly as bad, but it has had some rough patches.

1 Like

And only being up from 12:30 to 1:00 means almost none of those people completed the ride.

2 Likes

I updated the format of the lead post to make it easier to read with a table. If anyone has a question that is not answered in the lead post that should be, let me know and I will update.

More downtime right now. After calling 50 BGs by noon, they have now only called 8 BGs in the last 3.5 hours combined. :confused:

OK so for data research purposes I was chatting with DD and she reminded me that at the point where the 2 lines converge we did have a couple of groups ahead of us and they alternated between the 2 lines. Then once in that next room where you are given a color to stand on we were put in a line then moved to a color very quickly afterwards. Stood on color for what I will assume is set amount of “load” time. We also didn’t “run” through the queue as there was so much to look at. So I guess we did have a bit of a wait time but it never really “felt” like we were standing in line. Hope that makes sense? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That makes sense - I’ve read somewhere that the actual experience is something like 18 minutes without any wait time, which lines up pretty close to what you described. But I really don’t mind the load time wait anyway. You always get some of that.

:smiley: and :cry: that’s supposed to be a non-park day for us. It’s also DS9’s birthday so I have this crazy plan to do DHS commando for a few hours with him at park open. I was hoping to be calling the Lyft at 6am - not entering the park.

3 Likes

Wow, they are having a bad day! Thanks @Jeff_AZ for all this info, absolutely fascinating.

3 Likes

Seriously! As of 6:40pm they’re up to 1hr 40min without adding a BG, and only 16 BGs have been called since 11:30am. Basically, I would be surprised if anyone has even completed the ride this afternoon. This is severely disheartening as I had hoped by now they were starting to figure things out. I’d love to be a fly on the wall right now.

The ride is back up as of 6:45pm, but there are only 2 more operating hours before the park closes. Guests with BGs 100+ have reported receiving FP for tomorrow and 1-day PH tickets.

It was a really bad day for RotR. If you plan to ride tomorrow, arrive 30 min earlier than you think you need to based on the time you want to ride - you will be sharing the park with the 30% of BGs that were dropped today, plus everyone who shows up tomorrow. If you must ride in the morning or tomorrow is your last day in the parks, arrive by 5:30am. You will probably still be ok if you arrive by 6:30am, but I wouldn’t risk it if RotR is a priority for you.

If you just want any BG tomorrow or can risk getting bumped till the next day, you will probably be ok if you arrive by 7:30am or even 8am if you want to press your luck.

6 Likes

Has anyone found out the number of BGs given out today? Are we thinking they will make it to 100? Based on the average rate of the day so far, they will only make another 11 groups.

I only know that they handed out at least 100. I haven’t seen anyone claim higher but yesterday they distributed up to 115.

I was able to locate someone on twitter who claimed to have gotten BG 115 today at 8:30am. So that appears to be about the highest BG issued. Only 82 BGs called, leaving 33+ held over till tomorrow. (The pains I go through for research! :joy:)

8 Likes

GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! :+1:

(Sentence)

2 Likes

Today we arrived at DHS at 7am and had a BG for group 57.
At 2:15pm the group was called, at 5pm, with 3 times a ride close and our feet next to the trackless cars, the ride was evacuated.

How does it work with the FP we get for tomorrow?
Can we show up when we want?
And when we do, do we need to get behind in line at the standby line, or is there a special lane for the returning FP visitors??

2 Likes

Do you have paper or digital FP? Paper puts you at the front of the line - report to the CMs on the right. Digital is equivalent of BG and reports to the queue. But if you have multiple attempts today without a ride, you should explain that to the CM to get into the paper FP entrance regardless (No guarantee but give it a try). You can report any time it’s open.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Everybody in the ride, including the people who where in the cars already, got a digital fp.
Some in the cars said they where in queue for 5 hours, we for 3

1 Like

Ok sounds like they changed procedure. You should still be able to use it any time the ride is open tomorrow but may have to wait in line with other BGs. I still think you should ask a CM if you can skip straight to boarding in case they allow it.

@pspoel With your boarding pass you waited in line for 3 hours? Ugh! That’s a lot of missed park time.

1 Like

Yes Jennifer, but we were already in the park at 7am, so did a lot in the meantime.
When we got the call that our group could board, 2:15pm, we got in the line.
And 5:15pm we got evacuated from the ride