RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

God willing we will be conceiving #4 over the next couple of months, and I have no desire to be at Disney while pregnant. Or in the first few months following birth while I recover.

4 Likes

The queue lengths during the Passholder appreciation party was one of the disappointments of our trip. It was a fun night anyway but if Iā€™d been trying to get on a certain number of rides it would have been frustrating. I hope your lines are shorter, and that the free food and drink is good. Iā€™d probably queue for Hagridā€™s during the day in your situation and then ride the others.

To your addiction point, the ongoing wait times for 7DMT and FoP support your thesis and make me think the Boarding Groups will be a long-term thing for RotR.

That really sucks. Iā€™m sorry the downtime messed it up for you and glad that it sounds like the rest of your trip was good. Wishing you better RotR luck on your next trip! And a delightful baby to keep you busy until then.

2 Likes

No downtime until 12:30 and BG still available until 25 minutes after published park opening? That seems like an improvement!

3 Likes

Understandable. We went when my wife was 10 weeks pregnant with our first child, but that trip was planned long before we started trying. It was not a great trip for her ā€¦ tired, nauseous and had to skip some rides. We then took a 4 year hiatus from WDW and didnā€™t return until my second child was 13 months.

2 Likes

The rest of the trip really was great. I mean, like any trip, there were ups and downs, but overall I would call it a success. The whole RotR thing was a bummer, and in hindsight I should have rushed my group out the door at 6:30 on opening day, but there was no way I could know that we would get FPs for the next day if our BG didnā€™t get called. And after staying up past midnight at MVMCP on Thursday, getting up that early on Friday was a no-go. Oh well!

2 Likes

We took my daughter to DLR when she was 3 months old this last summer, plus three older siblings. It turned out ok, but I wouldnā€™t do it again. We covered up her stroller for much of the time so she wouldnā€™t be exposed to germs, and brought her back to the hotel often for feedings and rest. Luckily Grand Californian is much more convenient than any WDW hotel. I never would have done that at WDW.

2 Likes

Sorry it mucked up your plans.

But I think youā€™re being harsh here. The CMs were giving a best guess as to down time, presumably based on either a) previous downtimeā€™s and/or b) the engineersā€™ advice.

The fact the engineers got it back up earlier than they had anticipated was actually good news for a lot more people than those for whom it didnā€™t work.

Once it was up, they were obviously going to call BGs to board as quickly as they could. Again, for most people that would have been a good thing.

I donā€™t think they lied to you, circumstances just went against you this time.

2 Likes

We lined up for bus at POP at 6ish nothing had come by 6:20 so we bailed and took Uber. Got to Park just after 6:30 and it was open. Grabbed boarding pass 34. Was able to do MF, SD, ASS, TSM and TT and Was off ROR by around 9:30. Really got a lot accomplished in that amount of time :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

I agree that the CMs were just passing along information that they were given, and youā€™re right, it was just an estimate and itā€™s great that the engineers fixed things faster than anticipated, so perhaps ā€œlieā€ isnā€™t the best way to describe what happened there. But they were very specific when they said no new boarding groups would be called before inviting any new groups to board. As soon as the ride was up they called new groups. This meant that all the people in the previous groups that didnā€™t get to ride yet and all the new groups would be lining up. So those of us that had already been waiting would potentially be stuck waiting behind others that hadnā€™t waited at all yet. Thatā€™s not right.

1 Like

Ugh! I donā€™t like that. Itā€™s one thing to not want to commit to it opening at a certain time, but man.

If everything stays roughly what itā€™s been I think thatā€™s what weā€™ll do Saturday. Uber to HS and get there by 6:30am and hopefully that will get us on ROTR in the morning. Weā€™ll do everything we can in between. I may even remove my FP to ST and use it for something else.

1 Like

Oh the woes of planning your family around your Disney tripsā€¦ I mean your Disney trips around your family! :wink: We did the same thing with #2. Originally I was planning to go back for our next trip when he was 2, almost 3, but I just canā€™t wait that long!

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be able to wait that long either!

1 Like

Yikes! As far as I can tell, they just had 2 hours of downtime! This is the longest break so far. On the plus side, they made it 6 hours into the day with no incidents ā€¦ just wanted to lump the downtime all together I guess.

1 Like

Really curious to see how this develops towards christmas, especially if the entrance and BG assignment times will become more predictable and obviously downtime too.

Will be there dec 21st, I have no problem being at the gates at 6:30am, so Iā€™m hopeful. A bit worried about having Saviā€™s booked for 11:20 and droid depot for 12 (only available times when bookingā€¦), hopefully we will make it to both and RotR.

1 Like

Just added @ThorKatā€™s data to todayā€™s timeline. They entered the queue at 7:18am and were off by 7:44am with no wait. So the pre-shows interrogation room (which usually has a short wait like after the pre-show at HM), and actual ride are about 26 minutes without a wait. Pretty amazing!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s impressive! Completed way before the park ā€œopensā€

1 Like

The last BG of the day was called about an hour ago and reports in the park are saying that no further BGs will be issued to fill the remaining capacity. Overall, a successful day with about 2.75 hours of downtime compared to 11+ hours of operation. No carryover to tomorrow. Hopefully that means we are reaching equilibrium?

Tomorrow: arrive by 7am for a morning BG. Arrive by 8am to get any BG. Arrive earlier to reduce risk in case the pattern shifts. I am not responsible for anyone who misses out on the ride. :wink:

17 Likes

Your collating work is much appreciated! Iā€™ll keep an eye on the thread to see if you keep doing it; Iā€™ll be back at HS on Friday again.

1 Like

@NaviHeart You will be my hero if you can take a moment to post how it goes for you. Weā€™ll be there Tue 1/7 and it would be great to have an idea what the post-holiday experience looks like.

1 Like