RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

WDW just changed its HS opening hours for the week Dec 9-14 from 9am to 8am

4 Likes

I was just going to share this. For some reason I’m tracking this week. :thinking: maybe had been my original window?

2 Likes

Thanks to y’all we got a boarding group this AM. Buses were running at 6am. It was well after 6:30 before they let people through tapstyles this morning. Rest of the park is open-ish. Many places out of coffee. :joy:

2 Likes

jmnd_ba: can I ask what BG you were given? Thanks.

Note to self: caffeine up before leaving hotel.

We are BG 40. We were at the back of the initial crush of people. It seems purposefully poor crowd management but I am not a fan of the recent “everyone push forward” herding Disney has come to love. The current BG to ride is 10-26. I think the ride started operating closer to 7.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the hourly/daily capacity is for the ride?

1 Like

Why do they even bother publishing opening hours if they are lies?

What about EMH, which is supposed to be a paid advantage of staying on property? If I show up for EMH at 7am on Sunday and they’ve been letting genpop in since 6.30am and all the BGs are gone till late afternoon, what the hell is the point?

2 Likes

9:06 and “we’ve reached capacity.”

2 Likes

Are the other rides open after you got your BG? Wait times on those?

@dianelynn

Sending you @Jeff_AZ analysis of ride capacity for the first 2 days.

2 Likes

LOL!!:rofl:

Read this before my emails this morning. So learned about revised hours from you!

We don’t go to HS until the 18th. Following topic for experiences to gauge what time we will show up.

From a post on Chat i checked MDE and HS hours tomorrow changed to 8am opening and 6-8am EMH

Yes, other rides were open but the coffee kiosk by old Midway Mania entrance was not, mobile ordering is not. Ride waits started at 5 minutes. I think around 8:30 SDD was 30, MM was 25, MFSR was 45, and ST was 5. I doubt any shows are open. :joy:

10am they added BG 27 finally.

Ride is down for “extended down time.”

1 Like

Finally. But are they going to enforce resort guests only?

I’m so glad I was not there opening week…I am hoping they have the kinks all worked out by the end of next week.

Or else I have to figure out where to busy @sanstitre_has_left_the_building for all our sakes!

Maybe give me something sparkly to play with.

1 Like

We rode with a little boy who was maybe 4. Some of the more “intense” parts (not the ride itself, pre-show) he was a little afraid but he apparently loved the ride. I think if your child is really timid and easily frightened it may be worth doing some prep with him

2 Likes

I left my kids at home. KR is the “most scary guy ever” for them. Not worth traumatizing them. When they are older and not “wet your pants” afraid we’ll make a day of it.

1 Like