RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

How about this hot mess…

1 Like

Has WDW done anything for people who tapped in, this using their ticket, and then not been able to get a BG? Or got a backup BG that wasn’t called? Just curious.

1 Like

Skyliner was not moving as of 6.20.

No bus from Boardwalk and kids will take forever to walk (no strollers til park)

Solution: ditch wife and kids and walk (they decided they don’t want to go / too tired / smallest one wouldn’t enjoy rotr)

1 Like

I arrivedat 6:20, the crowd was past ticket booths about halfway between the booths and security. 6:32 when the taps opened, I believe the crowd was all the way to security.

6:45 tapped in.

7:01 boarding group 50

2 Likes

I haven’t heard any stories of backup BGs getting comped automatically but when someone approaches Guest Services, anything is possible.

If you tap in and aren’t able to get a boarding group because of technical issues with your phone or not having a phone, a CM can get you one but only if there are BGs available.

Day 17 Timeline 12/21/19
Link to OP

6:30am Park opens
7:00am MDE starts issuing BGs - RotR not open
8:05am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs
8:56am MDE stops issuing BGs
9:40am RotR opens

Red line is 12/21/19

1 Like

BG 15-29 now at 10:25

Take this with a grain of salt because things are constantly changing. But I had a hunch and even though we woke up early - we waited and hopped on the skyliner around 7am (not earlier). Got to park around 710 ish had BG 86 about 10 min later. Missed the zoo before opening and got a BG no problem. Crowds were lowwww. We rode everything we wanted and some 2-3 times! Back at hotel 8pm exhausted but happy with a full day. Happy riding everyone!

4 Likes

We’re not doing any sit down dining on our HS day, and we’d originally hoped it would be a later start day for us as we’re in Epcot the day before with EEMH. Looks like we’ll be skipping those now to get some sleep and be up earlier. With this big of a group (and me being a grump in the mornings) I’ve been planning so that we are free to separate in the mornings, so if someone isn’t up and ready to go, no one else feels cranky about it. So, I clustered all our FPP in late mornings/early afternoons. I also don’t hold out much hope of picking up extra’s with a larger group.

I’m giving in and changed ST to 8:30, IJ to 11:30, and our TSM/RnRC split to 1:00/1:10. There’s no moving Oga’s from that 3:45 spot without divine cast member interference, I’m afraid. But at least this gives us some more flexibility depending on when our boarding group is called. Just means we’ll spend more of the day as a group instead of splitting up.

3 Likes

Went to board (BG 50) at around 13:15 and ride is down. App says (and has said for a while) open and boarding groups 35-52…

1 Like

Didn’t post here while I was at Disney last week but I did RotR twice. Once on 12/16 when they issued BGs as soon as taps opened which was earlier than park open and again on 12/19 when they started BGs at 7:00 which was official park open. Uber from Pop on 12/16 and arrived before 6:00, BG was 56. On 12/19 was able to take skyliner from Pop at 6:40, arrived at DHS at 7:03 and tapped in to park at 7:10. Got BG 67. BG called at 11:22. So I arrived more than an hour later on 12/19 and got 12 BGs later than previous day. Both BGs were called around the same time. So much less stressful taking skyliner and not having to arrive super-duper early before park open.

6 Likes

Not the best day at RotR - late start opening the ride (9:45am) and an hour downtime between about 1-2pm. But it’s been doing great otherwise - already ahead of the long-term trend line. So whatever their fixes are, they’re not foolproof but reliability is much better than it was the first two weeks.

1 Like

Didn’t go very smoothly for me today. I was given wrong information about transportation by 3 employees, walked to the park without my kids to be there early, got BG50 at 7:01, spent morning from 6.30 to 1PM there until they called 38-52 and it went down soon. I had to leave before 2PM, last day at WDW so guess I will try again in a year :confused:

1 Like

Rotten luck! So sorry about your experience!

1 Like

:frowning:

Even though it looks like there were 3 shutdowns today and a later start to RotR, it ended up not being to bad of a day for ride throughput. It would not be pleasant to be one of those evacuated from the ride or hoping that their backup boarding group was called.

• Average boarding group rate was 10.67 BG/hr. This was the fourth best rate so far.
  • Average backup boarding group rate was 22.9 BBG/hr. Even though it only lasted for approximately 35 minutes.

Let’s hope they work out the problems they had today and get back on track.

1 Like

When you say the same master credentials, does that mean the same MDE account? Thanks so much for this. You are doing an incredible job. We all owe you a drinks for a week!

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Yep - just trying to sound sophisticated. :joy:

Day 18 Timeline 12/22/19
Link to OP

6:25am @mymotherisafish boards bus from CSR
6:30am Park opens; held at Hollywood Boulevard
6:45am @obsessedwithdisney arrives at HS parking lot
6:49am Fish through taptiles
6:55am Obsessed through tapstiles
7:00am Published park opening; Fish / Obsessed - BG 19; @djsmom - BG 44
7:01am @WendyWelcher_go_com - BG 61 @maryliz56 - BG 68
7:16am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs (103+)
9:20am MDE stops issuing BGs

1 Like