RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Bagless only applies to the step of going through security. There’s usually one bagless line at HS. Once through, you then get in line at any of the many taps with all the others.

2 Likes

I like this idea! And that fact they are doing it is a good sign. Here’s what MDE looked like when I opened it up just now:

1 Like

If you get there crazy early, then it’s not. They’ve been calling several boarding groups whenever Rise of the Resistance opens for the day, so there’s no advantage to being in the first group (which doesn’t seem like it’s ever group #1) as opposed to being in some other relatively low numbered group. In the four days I was at the Studios to get Boarding Groups last week, they started by calling 5-9 groups at a time to start the morning and pretty quickly added more groups as long as the ride stayed up.

If you get there later, then the no bag line might get you in front of enough people to move up a couple Boarding Groups, but that’s not going to make a huge difference in when your group gets called. Choosing the right line once you’re through security makes a much bigger difference right now.

2 Likes

We got called at 7:32. Got on just after 9. Finished right around 10.

Things that really helped that I got from this thread. Having a slow security guard can really hamper you. If you’re behind the ticket stands, definitely move to the right as much as you can. We were right along the construction fencing and it helped make up a ton of space/time we lost from the slow security guard. Switch off WiFi. When I got in, I was Disney WiFi because I forgot to switch it off. I was not able to do anything. Switching it off let me grab a BG right away.

7 Likes

Woo hoo! Glad you got to ride and that the forum was able to provide some helpful info.

So would you say you were in line for 40 minutes or so? I hear the ride experience is about 20 minutes, including a little bit of waiting in the Star Destroyer hangar and boarding the main ride vehicle.

Day 12 Timeline 12/16/19
Link to OP

4:45am @tritigger arrives at HS
5:00am Buses reported running
5:18am @TinkerNanc arrives at HS - security open (50 people back at tapstiles)
5:23am Tritigger through security (12 back at tapstiles)
5:45am @carlyking arrives at HS
6:02am @JenniferB1975 arrives at HS
6:08am @mickeymagic1974 through security
6:25am Park opens
6:28am Tritigger throuh tapstiles - BG 12
6:35am Carly through tapstiles - BG 29
6:40am MM74 through tapstiles - BG 40
6:41am @Zipadee through tapstiles - BG 43
6:51am Jennifer through tapstiles - BG 56
6:57am @MouseHaus6 arrives at HS
7:00am Published park opening
7:02am @budpowell through tapstiles - BG 70
7:04am MouseHaus6 through tapstiles - BG 88
7:30am MDE switches to “backup” BGs (121+)
7:45am MDE stops issuing BGs
8:15am Ride down
9:20am Ride back up
12:30pm Ride down
1:45pm Ride back up
2:45pm Ride down
5:20pm Ride back up

Note: First day of “backup” BGs

Red line is 12/16/19

2 Likes

That sounds about right. I wasn’t paying too close attention to the exact time for when the line ended. I remember it being kind of abrupt and thinking “I guess that was the end of the line.” The post interrogation queue was also longer than I expected.

1 Like

I bless this content. (Thanks for the info!)

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’ve got 8 adults staying at Kidani and we’ll be in HS on Wednesday the 15th. I’m hoping I can get everyone up and moving in time. If all else fails, it’s going to be me and my father in law riding alone. :rofl:

1 Like

LOL!

1 Like

I appreciate when people post about exceptions because they do happen and it can give hope for those in desperate circumstances. Just don’t expect things will always go the same way for you! Consider it pixie dust.

I’m literally sitting on ROTR now and it’s broken down. I’ve had four attempts at this ride. Three had breakdowns. I’ve completed it twice.

6 Likes

Looks like we may be into our 3rd delay for the day, but ahead of the average at this point in time by quite a bit.

Either they are increasing the number of guests per hour (adding more cars…and opening all the way up) or they have decreased the size of the BG.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building: I think you may be bad luck! :smiley:

1 Like

Not a bad place to break down :wink:

1 Like

Okay - posting a hypothetical here. We’re headed to DHS on Wednesday, January 15 (CL 1). It’s me, DH, DD4, and DS1. We were planning to get there for RD and try to do all of TSL in the am, then bring the kids back to the hotel (offsite, but only a 10 minute drive away) mid-day for rest. We’ve got a babysitter coming for the afternoon so DH and I can go back and do SWGE that night. Our plan was to do MSFR, Droid Depot (6:00 res), Oga’s (6:30 res), and then originally were going to queue for RotR. Obviously the BGs complicate everything.

I was thinking I can get DD4 up early enough to get through tapstiles for 6:30 or so and was thinking maybe she and I could do TSL on our own that morning. If I use her band/profile to grab a second BG seat, and we bring that back with us when DH and I come back in the afternoon, can he use it to ride RotR? Or do we have to tap DD4 “out” of the park when we leave (and therefore require her finger upon our return)? And/or do the bands convey the holder’s age when they tap in?

(And to be clear, my DH is not averse to getting up early if need be - but trying to think of ways to make it a little easier…)

1 Like

The way things are trending right now (and this will definitely change once we see more data from the parks) is that you only need to be super early if you are trying to get a Morning BG. The last couple of days are showing the BGs last between an hour to an hour and a half after they let people into the parks.

Sat Sun Mon
12/14/2019 12/15/2019 12/16/2019
Tapstiles Open 6:18 6:20 6:25
BG Res. Opens 6:18 6:20 6:25
BG Res. Closes 7:51 7:20 7:35
BG Res. Window 1:33 1:00 1:10

The additional item to consider are these “stand-by” BG that are being tested now as well.

If it were my family, I would try to get the whole family there by 6:30am-Through trunstiles by 6:45-7:00. Once in the park, grab a boarding group for you and DH (should be a late-day BG by that time); as the entire family moves towards TSL.

I would give it a few more weeks and evaluate again. Things are in flux right now.

1 Like

Here’s what the day looks like so far - three instances of downtime (@sanstitre_has_left_the_building is definitely bad luck :wink:):

The black line is labeled “past group trend” but is completely different in the “current day” chart vs. the “prior day” chart. I think there is a bug in the code. Here is what yesterday’s chart looks like, where blue line is today (12/16), red line is yesterday (12/15), and black is the trend (supposedly the same thing as the black line in the chart above). I think the below version is more accurate for the past trend.

I am staring to think you are bringing your pocket WiFi jammer with you on the ride :laughing:

2 Likes

Maybe the Resistance vehicle is detecting Dark Side of the Force waves when @sanstitre_has_left_the_building is aboard…

3 Likes

The ride has been offline for over two hours - completely flatlined. What did you do?!?

2 Likes