RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Spent five-ten minutes staring at Stormtroopers before they took us out of queue around 9:15am. Paper fastpasses only.

2 Likes

Paper are good cause you skip the line. The digital ones only let you join the queue. Sorry you didn’t get to ride! Let me know when it opens. Loving the play by play.

2 Likes

I have a friend at WDW right now and he says rumor is they will open the park at 6am on Sat 12/14. He is heading to GE again tomorrow and will try to get confirmation but thought I would share in case it’s true

2 Likes

Thanks Padme501st for that info, can you please ask him if he knows at what time they will open on Dec 17 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

11:30… Kylo must have damaged the ride system as we’re down again; this time close to the end of the trackless… Track?

Not our day I guess since we’re leaving for MCO soon. Better luck to everyone else!

1 Like

Day 6 Timeline 12/10/19
Link to OP

5:13am @Sorcerers_Apprentice arrives at HS
5:20am Security lanes open
5:34am @TallAndGoofy arrives at tapstiles
5:40am @BearsMom2011 arrives at tapstiles
6:25am @GeekByExample arrives at HS
6:30am Park opens; TAG and SA through tapstiles - BGs 10 / 11
6:33am BearsMom through tapstiles - BG 12
6:38am Geek through tapstiles - BG 24
6:48am BG 10 called (assume this is when RotR first opened)
6:52am SA (BG 11) joins queue
7:00am Accepting BGs 8-17
7:10am Accepting BGs 8-21
7:15am BearsMom (BG 12) joins queue
7:22am TAG (BG 10) joins queue
7:25am @squirrelsquad through tapstiles - BG 62
7:38am Minor ride delays?
8:00am Published park opening; Accepting BGs 8-27; BearsMom completes ride
8:06am SA completes ride
8:15am TAG completes ride
8:30am Accepting BGs 8-31; “No more BGs” signs posted
8:30am Geek (BG 24) joins queue
8:40am MDE stops issuing BGs
9:00am Accepting BGs 17-36
9:10am Ride down; Geek evacuated from queue and issued paper FP
10:00am Accepting BGs 18-37
10:10am Ride back up
11:00am Accepting BGs 28-45
11:30am Ride down
12:00pm Accepting BGs 38-50
12:30pm Ride back up
1:00pm Ride down; Accepting BGs 38-55
2:00pm Ride back up; Accepting BGs 46-55
2:30pm Ride down
3:00pm Accepting BGs 51-58
3:30pm Ride back up
4:00pm Ride down; Accepting BGs 55-60
4:45pm Ride back up
5:00pm Ride down; Accepting BGs 59-66
6:00pm Accepting BGs 61-66
6:45pm Ride back up
7:00pm Accepting BGs 67-70
8:00pm Accepting BGs 67-82 (last BG called)
9:00pm Published park closing

4 Likes

Does that mean you basically got through the whole ride except the very end?

1 Like

This article has a chart showing average BG call times. It’s a good supplement to the data I’ve been tracking. The averages aren’t super meaningful because downtime can cause huge swings in when a BG is called, but it will give you a rough idea within 30-40 BGs or so. :wink:

7 Likes

It is interesting to see that the slope increases somewhat around 12:30-ish.

1 Like

Yes - it has been pointed out by someone in another forum that this is partially because downtime has occurred more frequently in the morning (which you can see in my timelines so far), but also because later in the day, more people who have BGs have ditched the park. So you will have fewer guests per BG remaining who actually show up.

I do wonder how many BGs are wasted each day, and if they’re adjusting how many they give out as they gather data on that.

1 Like

It’s very reassuring to see what looks like a pattern emerging as far as opening time and how long BGs are available. Repetitive, I know, but I’ll say it again: thank you.

2 Likes

Our Tuesday morning at HS:

Arrived parking lot at 5:30
In line for tapstiles at 5:40.
Tapstiles open at 6:32
Through at 6:33.
Boarding group immediately there after number 12
Entered MFSR queue at 6:45 (posted stand by 25 mins)
Boarding group fir RotR called at 6:50
7:05 off MF
Entered RotR queue at 7:15
At 7:38 we might be experiencing ride stoppage
Exited ride at 8:00 am

5 Likes

Thanks! I added your key events to today’s timeline.

You’re welcome! I’m still enjoying myself as I comb across the internet for data. :slight_smile:

It’s been a rough morning so far - 3 breakdowns in 5 hours. The ride has only operated about 2.5 hours since 9am. I heard on Disney Dish podcast that Hagrid’s ran at 50% downtime over the summer - I think it’s clear RotR is not nearly as bad, but it has had some rough patches.

1 Like

And only being up from 12:30 to 1:00 means almost none of those people completed the ride.

2 Likes

I updated the format of the lead post to make it easier to read with a table. If anyone has a question that is not answered in the lead post that should be, let me know and I will update.

More downtime right now. After calling 50 BGs by noon, they have now only called 8 BGs in the last 3.5 hours combined. :confused:

OK so for data research purposes I was chatting with DD and she reminded me that at the point where the 2 lines converge we did have a couple of groups ahead of us and they alternated between the 2 lines. Then once in that next room where you are given a color to stand on we were put in a line then moved to a color very quickly afterwards. Stood on color for what I will assume is set amount of “load” time. We also didn’t “run” through the queue as there was so much to look at. So I guess we did have a bit of a wait time but it never really “felt” like we were standing in line. Hope that makes sense? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That makes sense - I’ve read somewhere that the actual experience is something like 18 minutes without any wait time, which lines up pretty close to what you described. But I really don’t mind the load time wait anyway. You always get some of that.

:smiley: and :cry: that’s supposed to be a non-park day for us. It’s also DS9’s birthday so I have this crazy plan to do DHS commando for a few hours with him at park open. I was hoping to be calling the Lyft at 6am - not entering the park.

3 Likes

Wow, they are having a bad day! Thanks @Jeff_AZ for all this info, absolutely fascinating.

3 Likes