RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

That’s the second time you’ve called me fat today.

So just got a push notification that HS has EMH tomorrow 6-8am. It said it does not include RotR but I am assuming you will be able to get a BG

1 Like

It’s almost like they just didn’t plan this out at all.

3 Likes

It’s Saturday morning on the west coast and I’ve only been up an hour but will add a timeline for today shortly. Important update in the original post: Today they started scanning BGs AFTER riders exited the ride, meaning you can’t obtain a new BG until after you ride. Hopefully this will make it a little more fair for people who are scanning through the tapstiles early in the morning when the ride is already open.

2 Likes

That’s a good change. Thanks again for collating everything. It’s much appreciated. I think you should get one of those fancy titles next to your name. How does that work? Who does that? @missoverexcited ?

1 Like

Day 3 Timeline 12/7/19
Link to OP

4:45am @bethannke arrives at HS - second in line at tapstiles
5:10am @cheftodd55’s DW arrives at HS
5:49am @NYGIANTMickeyFan arrives at tapstiles
6:00am Buses reported running; @DisneyDayDreamin arrives
6:06am @brtaylor arrives at HS
6:36am Park reported open
6:38am Bethann through tapstiles - BG 12
6:40am ChefDW through tapstiles - BG 13
6:42am NYG through tapstiles - BG 21
6:44am BR through tapstiles - BG 26
6:45am @Nala_One through tapstiles - BG 29
6:49am DDD through tapstiles - BG 34 (via Guest Services)
6:55am (Approx) @jmnd_ba through tapstiles - BG 40
7:03am @Jenellope through tapstiles - BG 51 (afternoon)
7:10am Accepting BG 10
7:18am ChefDW boards
7:32am Accepting BGs 10-18
7:37am NYG (BG 21) taps into queue
7:40am ChefDW completes ride
8:00am @KileiPoms through tapstiles - BG 81
8:08am NYG arrives at interrogation room
8:24am Ride down; NYG evacuated from ride and given both a paper FP (good only for RotR) AND a digital multiple-experience FP (good for any ride INCLUDING RotR)
8:50am “All BGs distributed for the day” signs posted
854am Accepting BGs 10-26
8:59am MDE stops distributing BGs
9:00am Official published park opening
9:45am Ride back up
9:55am NYG scans into queue with return FP
10:15am Accepting BGs 25-27
10:21am Ride down
11:22am Ride back up; DDD joins queue (BG 34)
12:00pm Accepting BGs 28-39
12:10pm DDD completes ride
12:40pm JMND joins queue (BG 40)
1:00pm Accepting BGs 28-45
2:00pm Accepting BGs 40-54; @galuchies_463555 joins queue using return FP
2:07pm JMND completes ride
3:00pm Accepting BGs 45-62
4:00pm Accepting BGs 52-70
4:35pm Ride down
5:00pm Accepting BGs 62-77
5:35pm Ride back up
6:00pm Accepting BGs 74-80
6:56pm Ride down
7:00pm Accepting BGs 78-87
7:50pm Ride reportedly open; @youcanfly receives notification that BG (114) will not be called tonight; receives FP for tomorrow and 1-day PH pass; 87 was last BG called
8:00pm Accepting BGs 81-87
9:00pm Official published park closing

4 Likes

I added some key stats to the OP - also pasted below:

Key Stats
Event: Day 1, Day 2, etc.
Tapstiles open: 5:23, 6:15, 6:36
BGs run out: 8:57, 8:15, 8:50
Highest BG called: 127 (out of ~160), 91 (out of ~100), Day 3 in progress
Ride downtime (average 1hr): 2x, 4x, 3x (so far)

3 Likes

Technically I can, but in practice, no. @LaurelStewart gives out titles

2 Likes

We were dumped around the same time as @NYGIANTMickeyFan. We were Given paper fastpasses to return. That being said it took us 3 different tries over the span of approx 2 hours (9ish to 11ish) to actually be admitted to the queue. The attraction was either down during those periods, or they had so many people returning that they were simply not admitting anyone else. Just beware that those paper fastpasses still do not allow access 100% of the time when the attraction is operational.

3 Likes

I don’t really want the added responsibility of being a moderator, but I appreciate the sentiment, @natalie_lawy! This is a labor of love! And obsession …

I just meant those snappy nicknames, like “Voice of Reason In A Sea of Noise” and the like. Not an actual job. Although it’s possible TP should hire you to blog your data analysis…

3 Likes

Speaking of TP data analysis, this is their chart of wait times from yesterday. For a typical attraction, this would show downtime and posted wait times. Unfortunately, the only data they appear to have is their forecast and wait times submitted by Liners (green dots). Wait times right now mean the time they scan in for their boarding group until they board a vehicle - so it doesn’t factor in when they got a BG or whether they were evacuated, etc. So not too useful.

If you have a personalized TP, I’m worried that this might tell you to ride in the afternoon because wait times are “lower” - but if they’re still using BGs, you will still just need to arrive ASAP in the morning and snag the first available BG.

1 Like

I first attempted to get in parking lot as early as 2:30. I was turned away also at 3:45 am. Not until 4 did they let us in to toll area.

3 Likes

Yes, how does one get one of these? Len has one as well (“Domestique”). And a few others.

1 Like

At 12:39 group 40.

1 Like

Yea… I watched the whole ride, honestly my daughter could go either way. But there some intense moments in the ride! So prob not pushing it this trip, it will be there when she’s older.

It’s a clique thing. Don’t even go there.

1 Like

Like I said, Laurel gives them out.

1 Like

Ah gotcha. I was wondering if maybe there was a way to add your own since they seemed kind of random.

If I get my BG and go to another park, will I still get my notification that my BG is ready/boarding now?