RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Thanks, and WOW that despite being early you were 1h20 before on MF?

But that was worth reading :smiley:

2 Likes

We noted MF wait times last evening were <1 hour but we were glad to have checked it off already.

2 Likes

This one!

1 Like

If your only objective is to get a RotR boarding group, 30min before opening is plenty of time.

Here are notes I copied:
To be among the first inside, and in the best position to ride Smugglers Run or Slinky Dog Dash first thing, an arrival at least 90 minutes before official open is necessary. The later you arrive, the farther back from the front of the holding area you’ll be, and the more people that will be in front of you in line at your first attraction. If you’re headed to any attraction other than Smugglers Run or Slinky Dog first thing, an arrival 20 minutes before park open is fine. Every other attraction will be a walk-on first thing.
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/hollywood-studios/hollywood-studios-touring-plans-rope-drop-wait-times-and-fastpass-priority/

3 Likes

Thanks. I was trying to weigh my options. I think I’d rather let the kids sleep longer, RD TSM and get to ride a few times, and then have a longer wait for MFSR later. If 30 minutes prior is good enough to get a BG, I’m sold.

1 Like

Do the personalized plans reflect this? I’ve got AS2 at Rope Drop and it says I’ll have a 45 minute wait. Yikes! I’ve been assuming that’s not really the case, and that I’d be able to get AS2, TSM, and a SDD FP in before 10 (9 am opening). This is on a CL8 day, though, which I don’t think I’ve seen before. Maybe my expectations are too high.

ETA: Same question was posed here, as I was asking this: HS Touring Plans - #2 by emcglone
Maybe better to talk about it there.

I’ve been following the thread and appreciate all of the info.We’ll be a multi-generational group - 60 years old down to 1 1/2 years old. RotR is not the only reason, but it’s the main reason. We could not get SDD FP’s so if we follow your directions we should have a good chance of doing getting a BG, getting on MSFR and SDD. If that’s the case, it will be a success! Thank you!

This is our plan too - I figure that the lineup to MFSR will have lots of stuff to see, and they can play the Disney app games, etc.

I can’t imagine waiting an hour for that ride. I love Star Wars, but was not impressed with the MFSR ride. Unless my kids wanted to ride, I wouldn’t wait more than 30 mins for it.

I recommend riding MFSR later in the afternoon. Use the morning to ride ToT, RnRC, TSM, and ASS with little wait. If you arrive in time to rope drop, head to SDD. Ride RotR when your BG comes up. Ride MFSR when you’re done with everything else or have some downtime. The wait is lower in the afternoon / evening than in the morning since it is a popular RD option.

I liked the ride (and it is a marvel of engineering) but the experience of piloting the MF for the first time was one of the most emotionally satisfying moments of my life. I would wait an hour + for the first time, but maybe 45 min or so after that. The line goes pretty quickly and it’s mostly indoors or covered.

1 Like

Just rode it using single rider line. You miss the preshow, but your wait time is significantly less. Only waited 21 minutes.

1 Like

the 2 rides i know we don’t want to do is tot or rnrc and got fast passes for others (doing multiple days)

1 Like

But, if they open the park earlier on your HS day, get on to MDE and swap a Tier 1 for SDD. Set yourselves up for the 12:01 PM same day drop by “using” 2 Tier 2s by then.

Same day drops aren’t guaranteed but it’s always good to set yourselves up for them.

1 Like

I try to get my FPP all done as early as possible. Once you tap in the first, try to modify the second and 3rd to move them sooner. Once all three are done prepare for the FPP drop times for the 4th, 5th, …

This did not change for me…even with RotR.

2 Likes

Excellent point.

On 12/15 in MK, I couldn’t move up any of my FPP but I could add after I was done. On 12/22, I also couldn’t move up my FPP at Epcot. On 12/23 in HS, I couldn’t move my FPP up either.

Therefore, people should try to get early FPP on reservation day, if at all possible.

1 Like

I didn’t know you could modify your 2nd & 3rd FP after using your first?

You can modify your FP at anytime. After you check in for the first, you can move the time up (if available)

2 Likes

If everyone in your party is linked, should only one person go for the boarding pass? Will it make an error if all three of you do?

It won’t cause an error. Only the first person to get through will get boarding passes. Not to get too technical but the analogy I use in my mind is the fertilization of an egg. Only the first past the goal post makes a goal. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: