RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Over on the RotR Data thread, it looks like initial BGs were gone in 7 min today but there were Backup BGs for two hours. They generally have been starting to call Backup BGs before 5pm so that’s not too shabby.

I went today (still here). We got to the park about 5:50. It was already back past the ticket booths but they let us in at 6:18. Logged on at 7 with 2 iPhone 11s one iPhone 6 one iPhone 8. No Wi-Fi just Verizon LTE. The iPhone 6 got us bg13. I think maybe it just had the mde loaded 10 minutes before so there were no cookies for the phone to go through? We got called at 7:25 and got off by 8:30 cause we were at breakfast when we go the call. Worth the effort

1 Like

Thanks so much to @Jeff_AZ and everyone else for all the information sharing that made our morning a huge success! I tried to take detailed notes to pay it forward.

558 left room at Beach Club to walk over

623 arrived at Hollywood Studios

Note: Skyliner was NOT running yet. Buses and boats were arriving.

626 through security. Advice to stay to the rightmost tapstiles due to construction fencing was spot on.

635 turned left at end of Hollywood Blvd (forgot to note time we got through tapstiles)

643 in corral in front of Star Tours

700 boarding groups open and I am thankful for the fast fingers of my gamer husband (BG 22) - husband and I and our 2 teens were all logged in on our own MDE credentials using our AT&T data plan

705 we start moving towards MFSR and they expertly funnel us into a single line moving at a comfortable walk

738 we enter the MFSR building

740 our BG22 is called

-805 notified TSM is down, extremely conveniently turning our 8am FP into an anytime FP

811 MFSR briefing room

819 MFSR boarded

826 MFSR complete and headed for Jedi Training sign ups (first available was 11am-we signed up for 140pm), then headed to RotR

855 first resistance in queue for RotR

909 RotR briefing room

930 RotR complete

Followed it up with Milk Stand (blue is better than green), Kat Saka’s Kettle popcorn, made our 9-10 Star Tours FP, then Muppets FP, TSM FP, Ronto Roasters, Docking Bay 7, and Jedi Training

Now we’re back at our hotel pool with time to grab a nap before Epcot EMH. Can’t believe everything we accomplished this morning! Thanks again to you all!

8 Likes

Yay! It makes me so happy when people are able to ride RotR and when the forum is able to help out! Congrats to you and @brianc today!

1 Like

Amvan - how long would you say the wait line was for MFSR by the time you arrived there? Seemed like it took approximately 90 minutes from the time the park opened until the time you exited the ride. Is that accurate? Were you towards the back of the line?

Trying to get a sense if it’s best to rope drop MFSR first thing or head elsewhere if we’re not towards the front of the line.

Thanks

Yes, we exited about 90 min after opening, having arrived 37 min before opening. We had read recommendations to be at the park 1.5 hours before opening if we wanted a “walk on” for MFSR and opted for the extra hour of sleep instead. This was what it looked like in front of Star Tours at 643. When we exited MFSR, they were saying waits of over 2 hours. We were at HS last night, and around 7pm waits were still in the 1.5 hr range so we didn’t even try. (Instead we knocked out ToT on a FP4 and then snuck in Alien Swirling Saucers after Fantasmic.)

2 Likes

I’m sure this has been asked and answered already - if so, I apologize. But - where exactly do you have to be with your Disney app to check in for boarding groups? Right inside of the park or do you have to be near Galaxy’s Edge?
Because we were planning on doing that and then head straight for Slinky.

Also what’s the time period for boarding groups? How late can we be? Like, if we have a FP for another ride - we don’t want to forgo that to run over there if we can be a little late.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Just tapped in to the park. You’re held just inside the park until opening.

BG are just a 2 hour window. I would not be late. Others have reported that if they were late for another FP just to explain & it will be honored.

1 Like

Ah ok. A two hour window seems big enough anyway. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you

I just combed through this thread, but did not see the answer I was looking for…once you’ve tapped in and grabbed a boarding group for your party, is it kind of more like a FP after that?
To clarify: My brother and I were going to head to the park to get our BG first thing in the morning, then when my SIL joins us later they would swap bands so she could actually be the one to ride.
I want to make sure we can do this before I make him get up that early.

1 Like

When I rode it they scanned my band with a tablet like a FP. No finger print was used.

4 Likes

They just scan your MB. Works just like tapping in for FPP but they were using tablets.

2 Likes

So i think im up on what i need do here. But i dont know park layout etc.

So we get in 30 mins Before(as i hope to arrive early) Think we want to do Millennium Falcon First (is this feasible) unless we get very low Boarding Pass, and if feasible where do we head first and any idea on wait time if were organised and get nearish the front.

Is this possible while also trying to grab that boarding pass?

1 Like

Friday morning summary:

• Ordered uber at 5:40am.
  • Pickup at 5:49am.
  • Arrive at Park at 6:00am
  • Security at 6:01am (no bags)
  • opening 6:23am
  • Went to right for tapstiles. In at 6:28am.
  • Turned right down Sunset. Stopped at once Upon a time.
  • Turned off Wifi…signal not too strong here.
  • 6:59.50am started refreshing. Going back and forth between join and find out more.
  • 7:00am got BG 19!
    Will add more Info later.
  • BBG start at 106 today.
  • rode ToT, RnR at rope drop.
  • slowly walked over to ST for an 8am FPP. Tapped in at 7:55.
  • immediately shifted TOT FPP from 9am to 8am.
  • rode ST, TOT (FPP)
  • BG called of RotR while on ToT.
  • walked briskly to RotR and stepped in at 8:38am
  • man this is a long queue! Very well themed.
  • Ride was having issues. Won’t give details, but the first “ride” was bypassed. :frowning:
  • had second vehicle to myself. Off at 9:15am
3 Likes

The cast members are actively and vocally directing people towards Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land plus huge screens at the split. Just pay attention and you’ll head the correct direction. Scroll back to Tuesday for my play by play of getting a BG and going to Millenium Falcon first.

2 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Bonus data from yesterday. We just wanted to get in an extra ride or two of TSM so were just targeting park opening arrival, but some added data for y’all.

658 arrived at security - CM were so speedy!
700 already through tapstiles (7am park opening)
701 just out of curiosity, brought up MDE and got BG 91 (then cancelled it so others could have it since we rode Tuesday)

I certainly don’t recommend cutting it that close, especially if you only have one day, but if you oversleep or are struggling to herd cats, don’t despair.

I also noticed they had an estimated wait time “afternoon” with our BG today that I don’t remember from Tue, but possibly that’s because we had such a low BG then.

We got two rides of TSM in by 815. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’ll be at HS on 2/3 with a scheduled 9:00 opening. Does that mean we should arrive by 8:00 or do you think we’d need to be there earlier than that? Same question if they move the opening to 8:00 - arrive by 7:00?

Thanks, and WOW that despite being early you were 1h20 before on MF?

But that was worth reading :smiley:

2 Likes