RotR boarding groups during COVID

Does anyone have any advice for getting a boarding group for RotR now that there are just 2 boarding groups per day? Are you more likely to get a boarding group on a weekday, weekend, or is there any difference? We are going to WDW this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and were trying to figure out the best day to go to HS, but wanted to choose the best day to obtain a boarding group (if there is one). Thank you!!

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will probably be close enough that it won’t make a big difference which day you choose. My advice would be to go Friday and be there well before 10am (arrive between 9-9:30) and be ready with your phone to apply for a boarding group. That way if you miss out, you will still have 2pm, plus Saturday and Sunday to come back if something goes wrong. No other park really has the urgency of HS.

Depending on what type of reservation you have (AP, resort, or ticket only), you may not be able to go back to HS later (spots may not be available), but worth a try.

Wonderful advice!! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply…I greatly appreciate it!!

1 Like

Good luck! And have fun!

1 Like

We went like 5 times around January February. Almost always on Saturday or Sunday. Sunday was definitely better of the two days. We always got on, but sometimes not till 3 or 4 o’clock.

I second the other members comment on Friday should be better, Saturday will be the worst, but Sunday could end up being a sneaky bet.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you so much for your advice!

Thank you!!!

1 Like