RoTR Boarding Group 2 users/same account one not in Park

Boarding group called; return by 10:55. I guessed at 10ish. Surely they’ll add more today???

This is probably two-fold (guessing here).

1. The ride has not been operating even CLOSE to the capacity it was managing a couple months ago, and until Disney can fix this, they need to lower the number of BGs.
  2. I can also see that Disney wants to eventually eliminate BGs entirely and just have BBGs (which they will likely just start calling BGs) so that they can stop having to give away FPs and next-day tickets, etc. So, I see the gradual reduction in BGs as likely intentional until they effectively disappear.
1 Like

Back up to boarding group 88. Also nabbed a same day SDD for 440. It’s almost like I’m there, except a gazillion dollars cheaper.

4 Likes

:joy:fun. are you doing all this through the MDE app? Now i’m thinking i should spend some time playing with it before may

The app and desktop version. I have some peeps in HS today. I also like the fact I get mobile order notifications. Dang you ate that!?!

2 Likes

So to confirm - you were able to successfully book a BG from your account, for people on your friends list who had tapped in the park… and you were nowhere near WDW.

I’m curious if on own account or one of theirs?

What I’m wondering too

I used their account. Seemed to work fine. For clarification, when I was doing Boarding Group I did get an error but that was after selecting the party. I’ll chalk that up to both of us trying to grab one and the first person actually getting past the select party before the other. To finish this off, and this isn’t earth shattering, they left the park after SDD but I grabbed another what may or may not be same day drop for ToT. I assumed the same day drops were just TSL but when I grabbed SDD earlier, Smugglers run was also available which they did at rope drop. Definitely did notice several rides/attractions with FP available 5:01-5:08 Could have been coincidence but probably not. I dropped that ToT though since they left. Its the civil thing to do.

1 Like

So was it you or one of the people in the park who ended up snagging the BG?

I don’t know about @mouseplans, but I was able to do exactly this two weeks ago for DM. She was tapped into HS, I was at home in Omaha. I used my own MDE account (to which she’s linked as family & friends) and was able to score her BG4. She never got through for herself in the park, she said. I imagine I’d have also been able to do it logged into her MDE account from home, but since I’ve got my own I didn’t try.

3 Likes

Hi @dunegirl! It is great to “see” you!

1 Like

Likewise! ::waves:: @PrincipalTinker.

Now that I’m over my usual post-trip Disney blues, it’s time for me to start pre-pre-pre planning for 2021 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So does this mean we can start enlisting fellow liners to fairy-godparent us BGs from home?

See one of my first comments…firing up the furnace on the overseas BG churning factory.

2 Likes