Rose and Crown Pub

My daughter studied abroad in London. For her Disney graduation trip we would like to go to the Rose and Crown Pub. I read that there is entertainment in the evening. I called dining reservations and they said the pub does not take reservations (although online it says they do it but doesn’t let you). When I called dining reservation they said to make reservations for the dining room and when you get to the podium request the pub. Has anyone done this? Is the entertainment good in the pub?

1 Like

We liked the Rose and Crown Pub…but another alternative that does take reservations is Ragland Road in DS…they have very good entertainment and really good food. Its Irish, not British, but its a lot of fun…
When we were there (R&C) in the late afternoon they didn’t have any entertainment, I don’t know what they have in the evening…

I agree with @longwalk, Raglan Road has great entertainment. I think maybe I have heard about a piano player at R&C but I may be wrong?

1 Like

One additional idea might be to just stop in at Rose and Crown for a drink. It has a great relaxed feel to it, and its a very nice place to have a rest and one of their drink concoctions or a Guinness. Talking to the bartenders might make your daughter feel like she’d gotten a little taste of the UK.

1 Like

Rose and Crown has a piano player/singer in the bar area. You can hear, but not see from the dining area. The food is great and if you time it right you can use their lowest outdoor level to view the fireworks after your meal. You might be able to eat your diner in the bar area, but it is very noisy there.

What time is good to get a reservation for a table to view Illuminations?

I’ve never seen the entertainment in R&C, but the entertainment at RR is excellent, and IMHO the food at RR is much better.

1 Like

I am curious, too – was planning on doing this in June. Is it NOT a good idea to make an ADR for dining room and then request pub?

Hi

Late reply but I don;'t think you got an answer regarding the illuminations of earth

The last two times we’ve done this we’ve booked for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours before. That said the last one was a very very busy Saturday evening in October and we got 8:15 and stayed in our seats for the 10:00 illuminations with no pressure at all. We arrived and said we where prepared to wait for a table on the deck which took maybe 40 mins to get. Worth the wait:-)

Regards

Paul

Thank you for answering my quesiton. I was able to get 7:05 reservations for Illumniations at 9 but I think that is too early. I wanted 7:30 and will keep trying - all booked up for the night, but you never know.

Thanks again

Donna

I don’t think that is too early! You may want to wait for the patio. Plus, If you get drinks, apps, entrees, dessert- easily that is two hours.

1 Like

I agree

Regards

Paul

1 Like