RoR moving to standby at DLR. Genie+ not far behind?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this will be a good thing or bad thing for my parents, who will be in DLR in early December! I’m glad I don’t have to wake up early to get them a BG …

ETA: I think for them, Genie+ / ILLs would be welcome.

1 Like

I am not too pleased about the RoR stand by. Excited if Genie+ is really coming! But I had a strategy of get up at 7 AM and try for virtual queue, then if Lightning Lane was available purchase it if necessary. Now that’s out the window, the only option is stand in hours long line or pay up

2 Likes

Our DL day is Monday :grimacing:. We just going to bite the bullet and try to RD it.

1 Like

I am having mixed feelings about our approach for RotR on Monday. Do we RD or do we go and enjoy the rest of the park before it gets too crazy and just hope for a dip in wait times later in the day. @Jeff_AZ what are your thoughts. I know you have watched this ride consistently for both coasts.

1 Like

If you are among the very first people in the park, I’d rope drop it. If you are behind a mass of people, I’d try to come back later. Crowds lull in that corner later in the day at DLR since it’s so far from the park entrance. I don’t know if that pattern will hold when RotR is standby, but it’s what I would bank on if I wasn’t at the front of the pack.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Oy I’m sorry! Very stressful having no data to go off of for making a game plan :persevere: let us know how it goes. Wish you a magical day!

1 Like

Dodged that bullet!!

I am going to assume folks here know I’m heading home on 11/22 or would have tagged me. :rofl:

3 Likes

So yesterday we were expecting RD to be at 7:30 and when we got to the park, we found that they had started letting people in around 7:00. We ended up just purchasing LL (5:45 PM) for RoR instead on trying to wait and went straight to slinky dog.

I cannot tell you how much I wish we had that option! I would do it in a heartbeat. I really am not that excited about the ride, but our friend is a huge SW fan and we really want her to experience it, so we will do what we need to.

1 Like

I just found this out today! I’m excited for it. I’m updating all the TPs I made for my, now postponed, December trip. Still gathering that data for when / if I do get to go!!

1 Like

1 Like

I wonder where @Ms.BarbsWildRide ended up in that madness! Hope you are able to get on in a reasonable time. Make sure to submit your wait time so TP can have more data for future travelers. :wink:

It’s not too bad now! Glad I didn’t give awful advice! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Surprisingly, RotR has the 3rd longest line after Indiana Jones and Splash!

1 Like

I am currently in a 90 minute posted wait time. I don’t think it will be that long. Just an hour ago it was all the way to hungry bear. We went lunch and now in line and the line is within the regular standby queue. We were too late for rope drop. We closed DL down last night at mid night and were moving slowly this morning. I am happy we didn’t RD it. All the wait times are insane right now and we were able ride several rides last night and this morning with little to no wait.

3 Likes

When I was there late night the last two hours the park was open and the first two were wonderful. Everything in between was packed.

2 Likes

Yesterday was great, but today is packed. We are operating on 3-4 hours sleep. We will most likely go back to the hotel for a rest and then shut the park down again.

5 Likes

I wait 57 minutes

4 Likes