Ropedrop or pay? What do you do?

I don’t blame you! My crowd doesn’t do early morning well.

Thank you for this comment. We are travelling with 3 adult “children” in May and I know full well they will not want to rope drop every day, so crossing my fingers that this strategy will work for us

2 Likes

Here is my plan. I’m going to try to buy the ILL for RoTR (afternoon) and rope drop it. That way if it breaks down, we can be maybe guaranteed to ride it. Hopefully twice.

We’ve never been to HS before and we are huge Star Wars fans so we don’t want to miss it.

3 Likes

In addition to this question, does anyone have thoughts/experiences with crowd levels versus using Genie/ILL - does it make sense to buy Genie when the crowd level is supposed to be a 4 at MK or HS? (I know that is not an exact science) All the comments I’ve seen on here really imply Genie is not really needed at EP or AK. But where would you draw the line at purchasing it for expected crowd levels at HK & MK? (the beginning of our upcoming trip at the end of May starts with CL at 4s but ends with 7s) I would love opinions on this.

1 Like

Here’s a TP blog that might help you. It compares time saved vs. crowd level at each of the four WDW parks.
Low crowd levels are 1, 2 and 3. Medium crowd levels are 4-7, and High crowd levels are 8, 9 and 10 for this analysis.
https://www.google.com/url?client=internal-element-cse&cx=055268ee73ca34a70&q=https://touringplans.com/blog/how-much-time-can-i-save-with-genie-at-wdw/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjc99qYx6X3AhXTDkQIHVwrAZcQFnoECAIQAg&usg=AOvVaw2JNBVINDGuNr_DFafRB01U

1 Like

My 10-year-old said “Is it even a Disney vacation if you don’t get up at the crack of dawn, rope drop, and race the crowds to the best ride?” The stress of getting up and out on time is there for us parents, but for my energizer bunny kid, it’s pure adrenaline! I’ve created a monster.
But maybe Disney exhaustion on Day 5 will make sleeping in and stacking LL/ILL appealing.

8 Likes

We got on ROTR without an ILL by watching how it was doing all day (whether it had a lot of breakdowns or not–thereby allowing more ppl to ride it overall thereby keeping lines in check a little bit) and then when at night it started to drop down steadily to 60 minutes we dashed back to the park and got on as the evening show was happening, and were on and off within 45 minutes. I will say we had 2 HS days so had two park day chances to ride it. Our first park day it was a complete mess. The lines were too long b/c it kept breaking down. We couldn’t get an ILL because we were offsite guests and it was impossible to get for us due to high crowd levels and the fact that almost entirely sold out before the park opened. But we did catch that evening break. If there are evening hours and you are NOT a deluxe resort guest I suggest you schedule HS for the day after as the deluxe guests presumably will be in another park and not in HS–I think that is also why we had a chance to ride it without waiting long at night. My husband LOVED GE. He is a photographer and said it was complete eye candy for him. I had watched ROTR online with my son to see whether he was interested or not, but my husband had no spoilers and was blown away by the ride.

2 Likes