Rope drop sounds terrible...what to do

This is probably a good plan - if you felt comfortable, you could take your kids to the pool while he explores. I got lucky with my kid and had 2 rides on Rise with a wait of 30 mins each by going at the end of the night.

Have you seen this website? It’s updated monthly so you can have an idea of some things to do away from the park with your family.

3 Likes

I understand this. In case you didn’t know, you can bring food into the park. My kids get hangry so snacks were a must for us.

3 Likes

There is a setting for that. I just exploring it and it is really simple. Chose a ride amd then choose - anytime, as soon as possible (next two hours), morning, or evening. If that is the only ride you want, then you are done. Otherwise you can give it more choices. Of all the LL are distributed (like FEA) it will keep searching to see if one becomes available.

I usually like the LL chase. But my DD has said she wants a relaxed trip without my face in a phone so I am trying it for the first time.

2 Likes

@NervousRex , yes! We are planning to go gem mining, visit the stables and ride a pony at Wilderness. Great resource!

3 Likes

You don’t need to be on your phone all day. Just don’t keep modifying. The did hardship on here keep saying to modify and look for drops. I checked into a ride, booked my next and phone away.

2 Likes

I think this sums up what I was about to comment:

I would use G+ to stack for MK and AK and arrive when you feel like. Pick your priorities. On such a low crowd day for MK, I think you can also arrive right after rope drop without having to wait much and still take advantage of the morning. I really liked going on a party day for the low crowds.

For HS, if you have a lot you want to accomplish, I would RD and use G+ actively.

3 Likes

:joy: LOVE it!

2 Likes

I never rope drop for this reason! Unless I already happen to be up or I’m staying really close (like Beach Club and so I’ll rope drop Epcot).

If only your partner is going to do the thrill rides at HS, I would send him alone to early entry and have him do Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. You can join him later with the kids. Most people will go to Slinky or Rise of the Resistance, so he’ll zig while other people zag. And then use G+ for Slinky and ILL for Rise.

4 Likes