Rope Drop...How Fast do you need to move?...Bringing grandparents!

I can’t think of anywhere, we would want CP and GG. Not for ride advantage necessarily so maybe the start of early entry would work.

I hear you!!! Ppl holding spots can be tricky. In the past we’ve seen teens weave in out through to cut lines. My fam and I block them by standing shoulder to shoulder in-line :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:.

1 Like

In an alarming turn of events, I hear my own kids (19 and 17) talking about how I’m too slow and they’ll probably have to take off without me!!!

5 Likes

DSthen14 kept taking off at RD and I was stuck in the middle trying to both keep up and hang back with my parents. It was not fun!

Ha ha! While I spent Covid eating on the couch, my husband got himself in shape and has his mile time under 8 minutes. I’m going to be the slow one with my parents.

3 Likes

I agree that HS has other great RD options. MMDD/SDD/TOT/RnRC are all great ways to RD with shorter walks. We saved MF toward the end of the evening and the wait time drops quite a bit many days.
On AK, there is such an advantage to RD FOP. If you’re near the front of the gate at RD, there will be people who pass you no matter what. So you could still go that path and pivot to Navi if too many people got ya.

One morning, at AK rope drop 2018 pre-covid, CMs were yelling at guests to stop running. ppl were running to Pandora. My DH and I were NOT going to run… getting too old for that… plus the walkways were wet and so we started watching for slips, falls, spills, bodily injury. We were not rewarded by any humorous falls that day. By the time we got to the FOP line it was a 2 hr wait. FP were not available for months b4, I tied everyday 3x a day. We didn’t ride FOP that trip b/c NO ride is worth a 2 hr. wait!

2 Likes

So sayeth the book of Liners. Amen.

6 Likes

Hope that wheelchair has a seatbelt for when you all are sprinting with her for the RD “chariot race”. :wink::laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah, I have a To Do item for the road trip to go over “the importance of not breaking Grandma” :laughing:

Multiple times.

4 Likes

Years ago my MIL (who lived locally) joined my daughter and I for a day at MK. She had some mobility issues so she planned on renting a EVC, unfortunately by the time she arrived at the park (we had been there for hours already) they were rented for the day so we had to settle for a wheelchair until one was returned.

When I spoke with dh later that evening I told him that I won the DIL of the year award that day. Pushing that chair all over MK was really hard work. FYI most of MK is a long slope up from the front to the back of the park which I only realized when I pushed MIL from the entrance to HM. :weary:

I just wanted to share that because I didn’t think twice about it before, but we definitely moved far slower just because we were pushing the wheelchair.

2 Likes

DS16 is key to the whole wheelchair endeavor for us. :joy:

2 Likes

This occurred when my now 19yo dd was on her birthday trip when she turned 7yo…no help whatsoever! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Just remind everyone that an injury will really slow the group down.
It is a variation of what I tell myself regarding traffic tickets.

1 Like

I will add that I definitely injured my neck / back once just pushing a double baby stroller up the big hill in our neighborhood…and the two of them weighed a lot less than an adult…be careful not to end up with injuries if pushing a wheelchair…

1 Like