Room Only Reservation Payment Question

I’m going to be statying at Pop Century Aug 21-28 and I have a couple of questions about a room only reservation. I know if you do a package you have to pay in full 30 days out. Can I make payments in advance for a room-only reservation? I know I can’t in MDE. Also, if can’t pay it down in advance will the card on file in MDE be automatically charged day of or do I need to go to the front desk? I already did the advanced online check in thing.

I have always called and paid my room only reservations early as a way to spread out costs.

When I have not, it has charged my card early morning, or the night before check in.

1 Like

Oh great! That’s actually what I would prefer doing. They make it sound like only package reservations have the option to pay in advance when you book online. :joy:

Thank you!

You can definitely pay in advance. You have to call and let them know you want to make a payment. They will transfer you to an automated line for you to enter the amount and CC number. I’ve been chipping away at our May res for the last couple months. It’s easy, and the hardest part is waiting on hold for the CM to answer the phone and transfer you.

2 Likes

Can you use the Disney Rewards card to pay for your room?

1 Like

Yes you can

1 Like

Thank you!!!

I am trying to make a payment for my Room only reservation by using my Disney Visa Rewards card. I see no option to make a payment online. I have been trying to call all day and can’t get through. Why can’t I do this online? Any suggestions for getting through on the phone? I am pretty steamed about waiting on hold for several hours to give WDW my money!

Room only cannot be paid online. You need to call? Is there a chat option?

1 Like

Not at the moment. I will try to call again tomorrow at 7AM. Thanks.

It seems illogical that they will take your initial deposit online, but will not take a payment later?

Room only has always been due day of check in?

Yeah, I guess I knew that. I was just hoping to apply the balance from my redemption card ahead of time to get rid of it. One less thing to worry about. BTW, we bought gift cards to pay the balance of our room. I wasn’t thinking, but I already did online check in. Will I have a chance to use my gift cards to pay the balance before they charge my credit card on file?

I made a payment on the regular Disney website for a room only reservation just last week. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the reply!

Was the payment your initial deposit? If not, where did you see the option on MDE?

It was not on MDE, but on the Disney website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/. I logged in on the website and it let me pay on my reservation.
Thanks for the welcome, I am a long time lurker.

It was not my initial payment. It was my second.

1 Like