Room Finder - 5th Sleeper?

Ian pooped all over our vacation, and with slim pickings, we finally found a “5th Sleeper” room at Port Orleans Riverside for next month. Not sure exactly what that is. It’s only 2 of us, our first “unsupervised by children” vacation! We are sad to lose out on our King bed room, but this is the best deal we could get on such short notice. I’m already late for the room request. Touring Plans doesn’t have a “5th Sleeper” listed in the room finder for POR. What is it considered? 2 Queens with pulldown?

1 Like

It just means there is a small pull down bed (usually located under the tv and slightly smaller than a twin) in addition to the 2 queen beds.

2 Likes

Port Orleans had trundle beds before (for 5th sleeper). Has that changed?

1 Like

Does CBR have some too?

POR does have the trundle bed in some (all?) of the Alligator Bayou section rooms.

2 Likes

Just curious. To me, a trundle bed is a freestanding bed that can have a very low position so it slides under a regular bed. It is not a wall-mounted Murphy-style bed. Those wall-mounted beds can be hinged on the long side (for single beds) or at the head (for full and queen beds). Many of Disney’s resorts now use a wall-mounted bed, of one size or another.

Do the POR rooms have a free-standing bed (almost a cot)?

ETA: Room photos on Disney’s site show POR 5th sleeper rooms have a wall-mount single bed. It’s a bookable category.

2 Likes

Yes, CBR has a similar set-up. The bookable category of 5th sleeper photos show a wall-mounted single bed below the wall-mounted TV.

2 Likes

Yes, this was my experience at POR, but it was years ago too. I know a lot of refurbishments have taken place and murphy beds seem to be the in thing to do now. I think the murphy beds WDW has been using are great, but the trundled worked out fine for us.

2 Likes

I did some more digging. Disney refurbed the AB rooms in 2012 to change bed sizes from double to queen, and changed from a trundle to the wall-mounted flip-down single bed.

We stayed at POR way back in 1993 when it was still Dixie Landings, but we were in the Magnolia Bend section. I think it’s great that Disney has wised up and made so many more room configurations throughout WDW for travel parties that need more than two double beds.

2 Likes

I agree!

1 Like