Room charge question

I know that you can set up individual people’s room charge accounts with each person’s card, and I know you can fund a room charge account with gift cards.

My question is can we set up individual accounts for each child with gift cards? Each of the girls in my group got $200 in gift cards for Christmas so it would be fun if they could have their own charge account.

You can’t pre-pay with gift cards.

You can give them charging privileges, but they will need to use a PIN. You can also set a limit.

It’s probably easier to let them use their gift cards. Maybe put them on a lanyard if you feel they can look after them themselves.

1 Like

I did know that there had to be a credit card to start the account… didn’t know you could set a limit though. I guess it just makes sense to give them charging privileges on their mom’s account and then have a limit.

Thanks!

1 Like

We found that out on our first trip when checking in. The CM asked if DS was getting charging privileges and I hesitated. She said “you can limit the amount, $25, $50 - whatever you like, and then if he reaches it you can get it upped”. We did it for both of them, then aged 10 & 14. I think we let them go to $50.

It meant they could go to the QS and get something to eat, or choose something from a gift shop and pay themselves. It worked really well.

2 Likes

WHAT! You can limit it?! I had no idea

1 Like

Yes!

You have to go to the front desk and the CM might need the actual magic band.

1 Like

Gonna piggy back on this question a little.
We have old MBs from previous trips. I wasn’t planning to buy the new fancy ones. Will those old ones still work for all of the tap-to-do-something things? Entering the park, paying, LLs. I don’t care about ride photos.
Also, setting a charging limit?! I didn’t know you could do that either. That’s for SURE happening!

1 Like

Yes, they still work for tapping into the park and LL and charging and they do still work for ride photos if you tap the mickey heads on the way out, they just don’t do the auto-capture thing.

2 Likes