Room Available in MDE but CM on Phone Can't See It

No idea but that’s how it’s always been. I wish it were the way you experienced it!

2 Likes

This.

And also

:woman_facepalming:

I asked DH about it. He said that a lot of bigger companies have a “not made here” mentality when it comes to IT solutions. If it doesn’t fall under their existing IP or they don’t have an “in” with a vendor somewhere, then they want nothing to do with actual solutions.

This past Disney Dish mentioned that current (and I’m paraphrasing here) food and beverage workers are running at about 35%capicity. At DLR, they are offering (again trying to remember, but it was something like) a $4000 signing bonus into Disney kitchens even if the only qualification you have is the ability to boil water.

Disney laid off so many people at the start of the pandemic, and now they are competing with Amazon directly for trying to lure people back into their workforce.

I’m sorry about the wasted time on the phone with the CM, but am glad you were able to get the room you wanted. When you check-in, make sure you mention (if you even care) that you have back-to-back ressies with the same room and depending on the CM should try to get it to where you don’t have to check out/back in. Our guy TomTom at Beach Club was fantastic in trying to get us all in not only adjoining rooms but without checking out/back despite already scheduled maintenance for one of the rooms.

5 Likes

(Sorry, I just scrolled up and saw the suggestion was already suggested)

1 Like

MDE doesn’t mean the app. Both the website and the app are a means of getting access to MDE. On the website:

If you say MDE App, that clarifies that you mean accessing MDE via the app, of course!

1 Like

You don’t have to be in MDE to search room inventory though, which is why my mind was going to the app

You only have to log in to book the room

But then yes, you’re in MDE. My brain is smol sometimes

2 Likes

True. I can understand the confusion. :slight_smile:

1 Like